What's new

Quadra metal and wood is out

Mallet Flux is on sale for $99.50

I think I'd prefer Quadra.

Thoughts on the 2?
They're both good... sorry, I know that doesn't help. I havent spent enough time with Quadra to endorse it strongly, but I definitely like what I hear so far. I've had Mallet Flux for a much longer time and have actually used it in scoring projects, so I know it can deliver the goods.

One significant difference between them is that Mallet Flux is just pure tonal percussion instruments, while Quadra has a much broader sonic palette that includes synths and other percussion. So that might be enough of a reason to go with Quadra.

They're both capable instruments. It really depends on the sound you're after.

Last edited:
They're both good... sorry, I know that doesn't help. I havent spent enough time with Quadra to endorse it strongly, but I definitely like what I hear so far. I've had Mallet Flux for a much longer time and have actually used it in scoring projects, so I know it can deliver the goods.

One significant difference between them is that Mallet Flux is just pure tonal percussion instruments, while Quadra has a much broader sonic palette that includes synths and other percussion. So that might be enough of a reason to go with Quadra.

the game I play with decisions like this:

if I buy Mallet Flux, will I think about Quadra

yes

if I buy Quadra, will I think about Mallet Flux

probably not

i applied this logic to my marriage choice and that failed ferociously.

so...

BOTH!

You got my attention as Omni user ! Omni v2.8 ( Trilian, StylusRMX) for very long time.
Since Quadra seems 'complementary' add _ so far _ likely to try.
Note: just added Emergence Audio - Quantum & Zero-G - Elements _ so lots to work on. 👍🏻

Noted @ Zoot_Rollo - HALion comment. Have used Sonic SE 3 Free quite a bit for full set of Sample Fuel libs. Not sure what full HALion 3 or 6 add, but should do Trial .... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom