What's new

Out Now: Areia - Cinematic Ensemble Strings

Here's the difference between Classic Mix and Modern Mix (out of the box and reverb off).

I actually prefer the modern mix. The basses are doing their bass job without the need to double it with a sine wave for the bottom end. And there's some freshness without being harsh in the modern mix.

EQ difference (via Match EQ)
EQ-Difference.jpg

Attachments

• Areia Strings_ClassicMix.mp3
    777.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Areia Strings_ModernMix.mp3
    777.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Got Areia a few days ago and did a little test drive with a short 1 min track I did today (it's not mixed at all, just a raw sketch to also show the raw sound of the libraries).
Strings and brass are Areia, Nucleus, Talos (and some cymbals from Cerberus).
No external reverb or effects, all using the classic mix, -125ms predelay, legato smoothness at default value.

Loving the performance-sourced spiccatos and measured tremolos (you can hear both the fast spiccatos and measured trems articulations in the track).

I noticed the tight Button does not work on measured tremolos. Is this anyone else have notices? Turning the sample start knob from - 250ms to 0ms does nothing as far as I can hear. I really wanted to be able to play them in realtime to hear the chord Change with measured tremolos

Last edited:
I noticed the tight Button does not work on measured tremolos. Is this anyone else have notices? Turning the sample start knob from - 250ms to 0ms does nothing as far as I can hear. I really wanted to be able to play them in realtime to hear the chord Change with measured tremolos

Good evening! :)

This is a known issue for Celli, Violins should be OK.

Will be fixed ASAP!

Today I found out that the sample start function does not work with the cellos measured tremolo. It always remains loose, no matter how I move the sample start. Even with 0ms. Has anyone else noticed this? The violins word like expected.

Are you guys also having the issue of weird legato volume dips? For example when I load up the violins legato and play a legato transition the 2nd note after the transition always automatically dips in volume after a bit which is pretty annoying. I'm guessing that has to be a bug or something wrong in the script.

I've attached an audio example below, CC1 is not changing its at the same value throughout, but the volume is dipping automatically after the transition. Tried changing legato smoothness knob and sampel starts but it's still there.

Attachments

• areia leg volume dips.mp3
    715.4 KB
Curse you @muziksculp for bumping this thread and getting us excited thinking the solos were released.o_O
LOL.. But this is not the Solos thread, it is the Areia Strings thread, I was just bumping the topic to see if there is any feedback from AI on the status of the update.

You guys are too excited about Solos release, calm down, and take a big breath, it will be out when it's ready, I'm also excited about it. ;)

LOL.. But this is not the Solos thread, it is the Areia Strings thread, I was just bumping the topic to see if there is any feedback from AI on the status of the update.

You guys are too excited about Solos release, calm down, and take a big breath, it will be out when it's ready, I'm also excited about it. ;)
I see Out Now Audio Imperia I am automatically clicking!

Top Bottom