What's new

Orchestral Tools - SINE Player - new update available—version 1.0.5

Hey everyone,

The next SINE update is coming really soon, and we're trying to address the issues mentioned.

In the meantime, please keep reaching out and reporting any issues to [email protected]. It really does help us isolate and pinpoint what's causing errors on specific systems.

Thanks to all of you who have contacted support so far, and to all of you who have been encouraging other users to get in touch directly—it's a massive help.

More soon,

OT

Have you checked this out on the OT website?

Yes, three times, and was even on that page, but I guess I didn't realize the page went below what I was seeing or something. I did find where it's linked on the website now. Tried searching on the title of that page on the OT search bar and it came up null though...

Does anyone else get the "Your System is currently offline" alert when trying to run SINE? My system is connected to the internet as evident by the fact that I am posting this, but still no dice with the player.

offline.jpg

Does anyone else get the "Your System is currently offline" alert when trying to run SINE? My system is connected to the internet as evident by the fact that I am posting this, but still no dice with the player.

offline.jpg
firewall? antivirus?

something blocking its connection?

Jumping on the SINE issue bandwagon here.

I’m running Cubase 10 on PC.
I get severe, ear-busting distortion when I play recorded material in my project for the first time. After I play the material once, I can rewind and it works normally.
I’ve waited long enough for the samples to load.

I’m just using one instrument (solo trombone).

Also, Cubase freezes permanently whenever I unload an articulation and I need to reboot my computer.

Total whiff :/

Jumping on the SINE issue bandwagon here.

I’m running Cubase 10 on PC.
I get severe, ear-busting distortion when I play recorded material in my project for the first time. After I play the material once, I can rewind and it works normally.
I’ve waited long enough for the samples to load.

I’m just using one instrument (solo trombone).

Also, Cubase freezes permanently whenever I unload an articulation and I need to reboot my computer.

Total whiff :/

you can tell when the instrument is loaded based on whether or not the ram number is red or white. Also, are you unloading an articulation during playback? Have you tried turning the memory lock setting off to see if it still does it?

Last edited:
Turning firewall and antivirus off doesn't seem to have any effect.
I'm just wondering because sometimes when a program attempts to connect to the internet a little prompt will ask you if you want to allow it, and if you hit no itll remember that.

if it was blocked by any sort of software automatically that could be an issue as well.

not sure what operating system you're on, but if you only use windows firewall -

Hey everyone,

The SINE Player 1.0.2 update is here!

Before we begin, we’d like to thank you all for your patience over the last few months. Developing SINE takes a massive amount of time and resources, and our team has been working around the clock on this update. We’re fully committed to the SINE Player and we’re working our hardest on making it perfect for everyone.
Thank you especially to all of you who reported issues to [email protected]. This really does help us to improve things.
This update fixes the performance issues some of you have experienced.

Downloading the new update

To download the new update, please head to www.getsine.com and click ‘Download’.

Tobias has created some useful documents on our Helpdesk: https://orchestraltools.helpscoutdocs.com/

Junkie XL Brass 1.1 update coming soon
Although the SINE Player update is available to download, the Junkie XL Brass update is still undergoing some tests. But we didn't want you to have to wait any longer for the SINE Player update. We can tell you that the Junkie XL Brass update is coming VERY soon, bringing the following improvements:

• A new Full Brass instrument for sketching ideas is now available with Sustains, Stacatissimo, and Marcato Short articulations for owners of the full collection.
  • Horns a6: Re-edited and re-tuned Legato transitions.
  • Trombones a6: Tuning issues fixed.
  • Cimbassi a3: Various sample and editing issues fixed.
  • Refined tuning on Staccato and Staccatissimo patches for Trombones a3 + a6, and Trumpets a3 + a6.

What’s in the SINE update?

First up, we fixed some specific issues, including:

• The hanging legato notes issue that occurred when switching between articulations with variable key ranges.
  • PolyMaps are now correctly recalled in existing projects.
  • Layers will load fine on case-sensitive drive formats.
    Please note: This will be available for Junkie XL Brass in the upcoming update.
But we mainly focused on performance, so you should see some improvements, including:

• Performance is not degraded when playing an instance while another instance is loading.
  • No performance issues when using higher MIDI channel numbers.
  • Projects will now load and close faster.
Access the full changelog here:
https://orchestraltools.helpscoutdocs.com/article/366-sine-player-changelog

Thanks so much again for your patience and your continued support. Remember—if you do run into a bug, please report it by contacting us at: [email protected].

Best,

OT

Hey everyone,

Before we begin, we’d like to thank you all for your patience over the last few months. Developing SINE takes a massive amount of time and resources, and our team has been working around the clock on this update. We’re fully committed to the SINE Player and we’re working our hardest on making it perfect for everyone.
Thank you especially to all of you who reported issues to [email protected]. This really does help us to improve things.

To download the new update, please head to www.getsine.com and click ‘Download’.

Tobias has created some useful documents on our Helpdesk: https://orchestraltools.helpscoutdocs.com/

Although the SINE Player update is available to download, the Junkie XL Brass update is still undergoing some tests. But we didn't want you to have to wait any longer for the SINE Player update. We can tell you that the Junkie XL Brass update is coming VERY soon, bringing the following improvements:

• A new Full Brass instrument for sketching ideas is now available with Sustains, Stacatissimo, and Marcato Short articulations for owners of the full collection.
  • Refined tuning on Staccato and Staccatissimo patches for Trombones a3 + a6, and Trumpets a3 + a6.

• The hanging legato notes issue that occurred when switching between articulations with variable key ranges.
But we mainly focused on performance, so you should see some improvements, including:

• Performance is not degraded when playing an instance while another instance is loading.

Thanks so much again for your patience and your continued support. Remember—if you do run into a bug, please report it by contacting us at: [email protected].

Best,

OT

Thanks!

There doesn't seem to be anything really noted about stability/freezing and crashes. Is that still being worked on!?

Also, for the JXL update, i was surprised to see no note about the top register of the horns a4 legato which is very out of tune. Will that be addressed?

Hey everyone,

Best,

OT

Maybe time for an OT sale? :)

Top Bottom