What's new

Orchestral Tools BF Sale!!!

Frankly, I'm very disappointed in their decision, as they have insisted on numerous occasions that this would never happen.

In so much as recently, somebody I know emailed them asking if they were planning a BF event, as they were considering buying 2 berlin libraries. OT explicitly stated to him the Berlin main libraries would never go on sale.

Not incredibly supportive of their customers. Not the most ethically impressive behavior.

Edit: I note my displeasure at paying full price rather recently for two Berlin libraries I certainly didn't NEED at the time, and would have most certainly held onto my money but for the assurance this wouldn't happen.

Frankly, I'm very disappointed in their decision, as they have insisted on numerous occasions that this would never happen.

In so much as recently, somebody I know emailed them asking if they were planning a BF event, as they were considering buying 2 berlin libraries. OT explicitly stated to him the Berlin main libraries would never go on sale.

Not incredibly supportive of their customers. Not the most ethically impressive behavior.

Edit: I note my displeasure at paying full price rather recently for two Berlin libraries I certainly didn't NEED at the time, and would have most certainly held onto my money but for the assurance this wouldn't happen.

If you have the emails of them replying, then email them back with the quoted reply, and ask for a partial refund to match the price. Because these have never been on sale, some support person may have told you this not realizing this was going to come. Let them know (try to be nice) and they may just send you the refund to allow you to match this price (or at least send you a coupon code for a discount on your next purchase). The guys running the company are reasonable and are not out to screw anyone, especially if this happened in the last month or so. ;)

If you have the emails of them replying, then email them back with the quoted reply, and ask for a partial refund to match the price. Because these have never been on sale, some support person may have told you this not realizing this was going to come. Let them know (try to be nice) and they may just send you the refund to allow you to match this price (or at least send you a coupon code for a discount on your next purchase). The guys running the company are reasonable and are not out to screw anyone, especially if this happened in the last month or so. ;)

In my case, the libraries were purchased a good 3 months ago. But still - I certainly didn't need them then. In the case of my friend, he ended up holding off anyway.

But still - I'm a normal person and typically only buy things when they're on sale as I'm still building up my career. I felt "safe" to invest in Berlin core libraries because of a history of price stability.

It's not like I hate the Berlin series I own. They're great. But that doesn't mean I couldn't have bought more of them had I waited a couple months. I just feel a bit sandy about it.

I'm (slightly) disappointed that they waited so long to announce it. Of course Black Friday is only tomorrow, but when so many other companies announced their sales days earlier, things get bought, and budgets get spent.
Not too upset though, I'm happy with my purchases this year, but I probably would have bought the entire collection had I known earlier.

I KNEW there was a reason why I kept saving my money!!!!

All things come to those who wait ;)

It's always the same story during Black Friday, most can't wait a few days and give a proper thought on their needs and after all money is gone and remorse strikes, the crying ensues :crying:

How hard is to wait a few days? Black Friday deals usually go until the end of November and developers stack deals on top of each other.

Orchestral Tools just killed a bunch of Afflatus sales. A few minutes later Spitfire came and announced their entire Albion series at almost half off :rofl: What a time to be alive!

All things come to those who wait ;)

It's always the same story during Black Friday, most can't wait a few days and give a proper thought on their needs and after all money is gone and remorse strikes, the crying ensues :crying:

How hard is to wait a few days? Black Friday deals usually go until the end of November and developers stack deals on top of each other.

Orchestral Tools just killed a bunch of Afflatus sales. A few minutes later Spitfire came and announced their entire Albion series at almost half off :rofl: What a time to be alive!
All so very true. I think it would not hurt to post a sticky (or remind each other next year when someone starts a Black Friday discussion way in advance of the actual date) that a complete list of Black Friday sales is not actually complete until the day of Black Friday itself.

I'm (slightly) disappointed that they waited so long to announce it. Of course Black Friday is only tomorrow, but when so many other companies announced their sales days earlier, things get bought, and budgets get spent.
Not too upset though, I'm happy with my purchases this year, but I probably would have bought the entire collection had I known earlier.
But also, we don’t know the ebb and flow of revenue figures which then precipitate a developer deciding to have a sale they never had before. OT could have even scrambled to put this together in light of activity on several fronts (new products, other sales) during the past couple of weeks. Who knows?

My sympathy to the above member (empathy, yes), only goes so far in that many libraries I have purchased during the past few years have gone on sale at some point. That question of if I "needed" it then, or could have waited is always going to be from a personal (economic) perspective, and a subjective call at that.

@HelixK Yeah, it's kind of stupid move to blow everything before the actual "sale day". After all, it's "black friday"- not "black wednesday", and definitely not "black monday to thursday only, so act quick". :D

But to be honest, I also have a lot of stuff I need already (and also some stuff I don't need which I have got from sales) so I wasn't exactly looking for anything specific unless something completely hyperventilatingly incredible sales appear, which seems to happened now for me.
This being said, a part of me is still wondering do I really need this, having the Spitfire Woodwinds w/ extra mics and both Cinewinds core and pro. And that being said, having spent a month (!!) a year ago deciding between BWW and SSW I'm pretty sure I really, really want this now as the opportunity for getting finally both come possible.

It's 2018- pretty much all libraries are all the time on sale. I get your frustration with paying the full price before this announcement, but I think many of us have paid way more money for libraries that what we could had paid for them if bought at the right time. Because sooner or later, pretty much everything is on sale at some point.

If it helps at all, I bought my first three professional sample libraries, LASS 2.5, Cinebrass Core and Cinewinds Core two years ago at full price- just conventionally two weeks before black friday, because I didn't know such a thing even existed in the sample world. :D

@HelixK Yeah, it's kind of stupid move to blow everything before the actual "sale day". After all, it's "black friday"- not "black wednesday", and definitely not "black monday to thursday only, so act quick". :D
For some reason, the sales started earlier this year and some ended before Black Friday, so this is not necessarily true. But I am somewhat guilty of grabbing before I need to as well. And if I had grabbed Output's bundle that first day, I would have got it for $401 and not the the $494 it now is.

What the hell, seriously? ^That's weird. Are some sales done in the way that they announce "limited time" and will switch to another sale or are they actually stopping the sales before friday for everything? Also, I'm a bit curious for the Output case- was there any official reason for the price upping?

If the exchange came exactly as you described, that's a real poor and careless move by them. @OrchestralTools @OT_Tobias could you please shime in?

What the hell, seriously? ^That's weird. Are some sales done in the way that they announce "limited time" and will switch to another sale or are they actually stopping the sales before friday for everything? Also, I'm a bit curious for the Output case- was there any official reason for the price upping?
There were a lot of pricing errors in the rush to get sales out. I heard of some that grabbed and got the good deals, others of us that waited, didn’t.

Actually on their Facebook page, someone said he bought a Berlin lib 2 days before the sale started, and they answered he should contact their support to get help. If I were you I'd definitely give it a try, quoting the email you received before

Top Bottom