What's new

Orchestral library for absolute newbies?

Thought I would chime in to let whoever started the rumor, Amadeus does not contain even one sample from East West.

Also the demos were created in a very simple straight ahead manner and are not altered with effects, remixing, etc. Cory Pelizzari's demo shows what you can do if you spend a little more time.

Last edited:
Thought I would chime in to let whoever started the rumor, Amadeus does not contain even one sample from East West.

Also the demos were created in a very simple straight ahead manner and are not altered with effects, remixing, etc. Cory Pelizzari's demo shows what you can do if you spend a little more time.

I think Cory's amazing demo is the main reason most of us pulled the trigger for Amadeus. Is there an update coming? I think you mentioned something like that in a previous post, right?

Well we were, then another separate came up, and then Covid hit. We are talking about it again and looking at possibly this summer. The plan is to improve a few things in Amadeus and add about ten instruments. I hope I don't open up a can of worms, but if anybody has an idea for what new instruments should be added, here is a chance to let us know.

I personally love this library.

Well we were, then another separate came up, and then Covid hit. We are talking about it again and looking at possibly this summer. The plan is to improve a few things in Amadeus and add about ten instruments. I hope I don't open up a can of worms, but if anybody has an idea for what new instruments should be added, here is a chance to let us know.
Harp is the only obvious one IMO. Marimba would be nice. But honestly it's already one of the most complete libraries around, props, as I shop around I'm becoming a fan :) Offhand I would prefer improvements to existing stuff vs more stuff.

Last edited:
Cory Pelizzari's demo shows what you can do if you spend a little more time.

Really nice demo, although I've always hated the term "sketching library." To me always sounds like "eh, good enough to work up some ideas but not use for a final cut." Heck I can use VSCO for that. From what I'm hearing I think this is worthy for final cuts.

The harp is already in the library and a marimba and vibraphone are the first instruments being added.

If some of you have some existing Amadeus issues that you think need addressing, please do so but keep it simple.

We also believe Amadeus sounds good enough for some final cuts with a few exceptions. It is a shame that some people just can't get over the fact that you get a good quality library for such a small price and therefore try to compare it to libraries costing two to three times as much. It is what it is, a very good sounding library at a very low cost.

To address the demo issue this is my feeling. Never judge a library by the demos. Would you buy a car based on a TV commercial or would you drive the car first. Unfortunately most libraries do not have a demo, so I do understand the problem. My advice is for those listening to posts to help with their decision, is to listen to those who own the library being discussed and their comments on what they have found. Many years ago I purchased several libraries based on the company demos and I and another coworker could never come close to getting any of the instruments to sound as good as the demos and to this day I still wonder how they did it.

For the record the demos were not professionally done but were examples of pieces from a few users.

Last edited:
Th harp is already in the library and a marimba and vibraphone are the first instruments being added.
Thanks for the info. FYI harp is not listed in the instruments on the web site, suggest updating :)

We also believe Amadeus sounds good enough for some final cuts with a few exceptions.
I would be curious to know what you think those exceptions are?

Last edited:
Thanks and the harp has been added to the list on the website.

One exception is the choir could have more syllables. That is all I am willing to state.

There is also the Symphobia 1 and 2. (and even orchestral essentials) by ProjectSam
Yes, they are old, but hear me out.

A lot of sections are premixed, prepanned, and in some sense orchestrated for you. If you are an absolute beginner, the more advanced libraries like for example BBC, and Hollywood Orchestra can be a bit overwhelming. In fact, they still sound fantastic.

And each patch is very inspiring, and easy to use. I started out using these myself back in the day, even though I don't use them so much today (because of workflow, not because of sound)
Otherwise Nuclues, Inpsire, and/or Cinesymphony

Cheers!

Top Bottom