What's new

# of VEpro Instances in Cubase (Mac)

goalie composer

Hi hive mind,

I'm currently running Cubase with VEpro on a mac in tandem with a slave mac via thunderbolt. I've got an embarrassment of VEpro instances running in Cubase (19 for the moment) but I'm thinking I should probably bring that down (spike city).

Any tips, advice on a comfortable number of VEpro instances to run in Cubase? Anyone wish to share their sweet spot for #'s?

Thanks!

Hi hive mind,

I'm currently running Cubase with VEpro on a mac in tandem with a slave mac via thunderbolt. I've got an embarrassment of VEpro instances running in Cubase (19 for the moment) but I'm thinking I should probably bring that down (spike city).

Any tips, advice on a comfortable number of VEpro instances to run in Cubase? Anyone wish to share their sweet spot for #'s?

Thanks!

Depends.. How heavily loaded is each instance, how many voices is each instance streaming, how many CPU cores are assigned to each? What's your buffer size and how many buffers are you using for VEPRO? How many audio returns from each instance? How many active MIDI ports for each instance?
All of these factors can affect performance.

19 isn't that many at all if they are not doing much. I've seen setups with 100+ instances working just fine. Personally I keep the numbers lower, but both ways are valid at this point.

Top Bottom