What's new

[NEW] Synchron Prime Edition: Free World Winds Expansion!

Ben

VSL
Post Update 2:

And again, we are ading more content to the Prime Edition - for free! If you already have Prime Edition installed, open Vienna Assistant and navigate to Prime Edition to install this free expansion!

Post Update:

We're adding a "primed" version of the Synchron Elite Strings to the Prime Edition for free!

More details here:

--- Original Post:

For a limited time we are offering 30-days demo licenses of Synchron Prime Edition, free for everyone!
Get it from the product page here:

Want to check out how the audio demos sound in your DAW?
Download the Prime Edition tutorial file from within the Vienna Assistant!

1652861969837.png

More info & video walkthroughs here: https://www.vsl.co.at/Starter_Editions/Synchron_Prime_Edition#!Tutorials

--- original post ---

It's finally here - a light-weight all-in-one Synchron library, perfect to start your musical adventure, complete your Synchron Collection, or to use on the road: Synchron Prime Edition
No USB Key required when using the iLok Cloud!

Don't be fooled by the small installation size of less than 70 GB for 42 instruments: This library packs a lot of content, without sacrificing quality.
You will get the most important instrumentes and articulations of our flagship Synchron Series.
The included two mic channels will provide you with all the flexibility you need to shape your sound (close or mid + RoomMix).

And best of all: There are attractive upgrade and crossgrade prices available from and to the bigger Synchron libraries!
Crossgrade pricing starts at € 95, so make sure you are logged in to check your personal price!

Get it here for just € 445 (intro; reg: € 595)

Last edited:
Not so great for me, 95€ just for harp single notes is :sad:.

But I'm not the target audience (which is the people who own 2 or less Synchron collections).
Then you already own most/everything else from the synchron-series and get the smallest crossgrade price? 🤔 Mine is 275 for the "whole" prime-edition content as I own Strings I, Pro and FX.

But isn´t 95€ still 50% off for the harp as buying the synchron-harp seperately (195€ Standard Library)?

Last edited:
Then you already own most/everything else from the synchron-series and get the smallest crossgrade price? 🤔 Mine is 275 for the "whole" prime-edition content as I own Strings I, Pro and FX.
Yes, only some Pianos missing (and surround upgrades for SS I, SS Pro, FX) and the Harp (which I will buy somehow or other in late summer or fall).

But the lowest crossgrade price comes already if you own 2 Synchrons.

But isn´t 95€ still 50% off for the harp as buying the synchron-harp seperately (195€ Standard Library)?
Yes, it is. But only for single notes it is still much. Last sale for the Harp (till this morning!) was 145€.

But 95€ for getting as example the Prime Harp, Prime Woodwinds+Brass (if you only own SY Strings Pro+Perc I) is not that bad.

Last edited:
Other complete entry-level orchestras are pretty similar in pricing (N, A1...).
Not during sales. This is the intro price. It's possible to buy BBC SO Core for $200-$240, Nucleus for $300, and HOOPUS, which is not entry-level, for less than $334-$338. I'm not criticizing them. I just found the word "just" in that context quite funny.

Not during sales. This is the intro price. It's possible to buy BBC SO Core for $200-$240, Nucleus for $300, and HOOPUS, which is not entry-level, for less than $334-$338. I'm not criticizing them. I just found the word "just" in that context quite funny.
Please remember this is a commercial thread. Best to move comparisons to a Sample talk thread (I know this isn't normally an enforced rule, but I think it is a polite thing to do).

Keep in mind that you will have access to 2 mic channels. It gives you so much more flexibility. Also the amount of instruments you get, and the quality - imo there is nothing out there that can compete at this price point - but that's just my opinion :)

I wonder what's the use of this for someone already having the full Syncronised Special Editions? My upgrade price is € 265 . Yes, different libraries but another packaging of basic sounds and articulations again... And i already paid for the synchronized upgrade..

Keep in mind that you will have access to 2 mic channels. It gives you so much more flexibility. Also the amount of instruments you get, and the quality - imo there is nothing out there that can compete at this price point - but that's just my opinion :)
That may be true. I didn't mean to disparage the offer. It may be a good proposition. I only found the word "just" funny next to a sum which, even if it can be reasonable for this product, I don't consider a small sum.

I wonder what's the use of this for someone already having the full Syncronised Special Editions? My upgrade price is € 265 . Yes, different libraries but another packaging of basic sounds and articulations again... And i already paid for the synchronized upgrade..
It's not another SYNCHRON-ized library, but completely based on Synchron libraries.

Please remember this is a commercial thread. Best to move comparisons to a Sample talk thread (I know this isn't normally an enforced rule, but I think it is a polite thing to do).

Are you saying I'm impolite? :rofl:

Now, seriously: it wasn't I that brought up a comparison with the competition. I was just replying to someone who did.

Ben,

Is there (or will there be) a Dorico playback template? That might seal the deal for me.

this € is the symbol of my fear :( .. my currency is so low compare to it .. so the price is gonna go up higher than usual plus the scary TAX .. I am gonna save some money for VSL stuffs

Top Bottom