New Moderating Policies - Please Read

Discussion in 'Welcome to V.I. Control!' started by Mike Greene, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Fredeke

Fredeke Active Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Belgium
    The 1% could use this in a perverted way ;).

Seriously though, this could be a slippery slope. The internet has taught us there is such a thing as mob trials. As an illustration, see The Orville's season 1 episode "Majority Rule" (a great series if you don't know it yet)

2. pderbidge

pderbidge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Utah
    I agree, mob rule is unfortunately a very real and unfortunate thing so it's best not to go down that road.

Although I agree with Mike's intentions and sentiments I'll be hopeful yet cautious at the same time as I watch how this develops. I'm never a huge fan of censoring people. Nevertheless all the negativity can certainly ruin things for an otherwise great place so it has to be dealt with somehow, I'm just saying it's a tough balance that I, thankfully, don't have to deal with.

If one needs a place to spout off whatever obscenities they so desire to get off their chest then you may be interested to know of a company I saw a news report on just a few years ago. They take phone calls (for a fee of course) where you can call in tell the person off in any way you like, no joke. I could look it up for you, they might still be in business:)

PS: I'll try and be more aware of what I have to say and think before posting because as Mike said, none of us ever think we are the problem and I don't want to be high and mighty thinking I'm the perfect child around here.