What's new

New guitar day

Purchased this beauty a couple of months back after selling my old 814ce to a friend and trading in a 522ce 12-string. It's a 812ce 12-Fret Deluxe. The slightly smaller body and fretboard scale make it even easier to play than the other one which, according to my friend who bought it, was the best acoustic guitar he'd ever played... and he's a very discerning guitarist.

I love Taylor guitars, they're real things of beauty and so well made. The action is almost like an electric and I just want to pick it up and play it all the time. They're not cheap but they're worth every penny imo.

Enjoy yours! I'm sure you will.
Taylor812ceDLX.jpg

Well, I decided to purchase the Soyuz 013 FET matched stereo pair and some Mogami XLR cables

I got a nice deal from Westlake Pro and they are being shipped out today

Following up on my microphone question...when recording a guitar to add into a cinematic mix, would recording in stereo work better in a mix than recording two separate mono tracks (double tracked guitars)? I know "if it sounds good it is good" but, I am sure there are time-honored and tested methods to this
I prefer double tracked guitars panned to opposite sides... however actually stereo miced double tracked guitars panned to opposite sides between 50-75% sounds best to me.

[edit] miced? lol squeak

Top Bottom