What's new

Multi Divisi Script v6.64

v6.13 - hot on the heels!

Fixed an issue with midi channels resetting themselves!

J

Last edited:
v6.14 uploaded in opening thread.

The new Auto PolyLeg mode is now fully working and will probably be the most useful mode for most situations. When combined with re-trigger on release; it performs similar to Cinesamples divisi (although not exactly the same), which is useful for layering (with the In Ch Thru mode) .

The completely re-written, and much more efficient, legato logic should now result in significantly less 'stuck' notes. The time taken to perform (this extremely complex) legato logic has been reduced by 5ms, which means it shouldn't miss 'note offs' as before; unless of course you randomly smash the keyboard with club fingers!

The next (and probably final) feature to add is Retrigger legato on release; although it may take a while to implement.

As this script operates across many channels, only using midi data, and potentially different sounding instruments, it is significantly more complex than an instrument level script where divisi can be 'ghosted' rather than requiring voice leading - probably the reason why this is the only script available for the job!

J

Last edited:
As you can tell; I've been spending some time on this in the last couple of days - no apologies that v6.15 is now in the opening thread!

I've done lots of analysis on voice leading and how to fill empty parts in terms of chord size, movement of parts and rebalancing on reduction/increase of chord notes. I've come up with what I think is the best solution so that any chord is always as equally balanced as possible and no one voice overpowers. Sometimes the filled (empty parts) will legato transition with voice leading and sometimes the chord will be rebalanced.

Quite a challenge as I had to find a one size fits all solution given it is already uber-complex. Whilst this will obviously work for a multi instrumental groups; it is primarily aimed at divisi (i.e. multiple players of the same instrument)

J

v6.16 uploaded; fixed an issue with legato voice leading in chords that reduce in size then grow again.

If/when I find some more time I will add legato re-triggering - no promises on timeframe.

J

Last edited:
A couple of questions if you’re u don’t mind:

1) Can this be used as a score “expander”? Example: send a string arrangement that was written in a piano staff and turn it into separate string section lines that can then be, somehow, be put on separate tracks?

2) To use the midi channels 17-64 in Kontakt do I need need 4 MIDI drivers/interfaces?

Thanks!

1. It depends how the string arrangement was done (i.e. how many voices on each stave), however it should give a reasonable playback representation. You will get crossing/doubled parts though so not strictly expanded. The only way to tell is to try it!
2. Midi channels 17-64 are pseudo 'output' channels only available in Kontakt, you do not need extra drivers/interfaces. You can only use 1-16 as input. Using the pseudo channels saves using up channels 1-16 in Kontakt (i.e. you can have 5-6 instruments using one 1-16 input channel but pseudo 17-64 output channels).

Last edited:
v6.17 uploaded. A couple more fixes with legato voice leading in certain scenarios.

Transposition of parts and legato re-triggering to add (when I get time).

v6.18 Beta uploaded

I have added a transpose (+/- 8ve) for each part, a new set of Echo (E) channels (i.e. a second set of parts/instruments which echo/ghost the original parts), and a new Legato Retrigger function. I have also spent time making the script as (time) efficient as possible in order to avoid the dreaded hung notes.

I have tested this with many of the common commercial instruments; some never have hung notes and some always have hung notes - simply down to the efficiency of the instruments' original scripting! Not going to name and shame, however CineSamples and Orchestral Tools have few, if any, hung note issues.

There is a caveat with this version - there is now an enormous amount of midi data being generated at any one time, if you use many of the features. Depending on the instruments manufacturers scripting and indeed the latency of your system it could cause issues. To that end I have named this a beta version.

I will not be adding any more features; any updates will now just be fixes or efficiency modifications.

Enjoy,

J

Last edited:
After some testing/adjusting of the Beta version; v6.19 added in opening thread.

Enjoy,

J

I just downloaded and tried v6.2 of the AutoDivisi multiscript. I already asked Berlin in the past about a script for their Brass libraries. However, it never seemed to happen. After testing, I found something that I'm not sure was intentional or not with using Keyswitches. I have InChannel Thru on so I can layer a Brass instrument form say Spitfire (set to ch.1), with divided instruments form Berlin (ch.2-4). However, if I set the Allow KS option to on, and specify the playing range, it works fine when sending keyswitches to the Berlin instruments, but doesn't work at all for sending keyswitches to the Spitfire on Ch.1. The keyswitches on channel 1 only works again if you disable InCh Thru. So basically you can either layer the instruments, or send keyswitches, but not both at the same time, which is not very useful. Not sure if I'm missing something here or not. (By the way, another odd thing is that the Allow KS button points to the range which makes it appear as the range for the keyswitches themselves. However, the range actually needs to be set to the playable range, which was a bit confusing.) Otherwise, this can be a very handy tool, especially when trying to record tracks quickly for division sections. I'm not sure even why Kontakt doesn't;t come with such a script itself.

This script is awesome! I'm using it with Samplemodeling Brass. The only thing is that I can't play trills with this script.

Is it possible to active/deactivate a script with a CC?

I also get stuck notes, but randomly. Maybe I don't know how to set it up properly. Especially, which preset I have to use under the re-trigger option: re-fill etc.

When Cubase MIDI menu's Reset won't do the trick, do you know if there's any way at all to trigger Kontakt's ["!" restart button] without displaying the instance's interface and manually clicking on it with the mouse?

By the way, another odd thing is that the Allow KS button points to the range which makes it appear as the range for the keyswitches themselves. However, the range actually needs to be set to the playable range, which was a bit confusing.)

@kmm08 Apologies for the very late reply; I have been working away!

Fixed - v6.21 uploaded. InCh Thru will now allow Out of Range (OOR) Keyswitches (KS) and I have updated the help descriptions to be a little clearer to understand.

J

Last edited:
This script is great. I do occasionally get a stuck note, and the note will continue to get restuck, sometimes even when I'm hitting other notes the offending note will sound anyway and stick. I can clear it by toggling the script on and off, any suggestions on how to avoid this?? I'm using sm brass with it, I'm not sure if that's part of the issue.

Top Bottom