What's new

Multi Animated presets in "The Orchestra Complete"

When I play any of the Multi Animated Presets in The Orchestra from my Midi keyboard (using Kontakt in stand-alone mode), they work fine.

When running The Orchestra Complete as a VST plugin inside Cakewalk by Bandlab:
1) When playing from my Midi keyboard, it plays back fine.
2) When playing back a recorded Midi track, the Animated Preset starts playing fine. However, when I STOP the playback, the Rhythm Step-Sequencer resets to 0's. This kills the rhythm, and all I am left with are the samples playing back steadily.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

If you push up the modwheel, does the rhythm return? It's possible that Cakewalk is chasing some Modwheel-Data or setting it to 0 by default. The modwheel is supposed to scale the levels of the envelopes and steppers, fading them almost out at the lowest value.

Thank you, Harzmusic. You are correct--when I push up the modwheel, the rhythm pattern returns to normal. After that, when I play the Midi keyboard, the pattern plays fine. However, even though the rhythm pattern looks good, playback from a recorded Midi track ignores the rhythm pattern.

This is a very old Midi keyboard. I think it is sending out spurious Midi messages to the DAW. Sometimes in Cakewalk, I see that the Midi input is receiving messages, even though I am not touching the keyboard. Could these spurious messages be upsetting the animated/rhythm playback?

Could these spurious messages be upsetting the animated/rhythm playback?
Yes that is possible, if the track is record enabled.
Is there modwheel data recorded on your midi track? If you draw in a value of 100 on CC01 at the beginning and it still drops out, there is a chance that your keyboard is sending odd data.

Top Bottom