What's new

Monterey to Ventura

mscp

My MBP is acting a little weird (choppy spinning beachballs depending on task due to Rosetta 2, etc...).
I wonder if Rosetta 2 on Ventura is more optimised or pretty much the same thing. And also, has Ventura broken anything that has once worked in Monterey - even though the user has installed the latest versions of everything in the computer?

Cheers.

My MBP is acting a little weird (choppy spinning beachballs depending on task due to Rosetta 2, etc...).
I wonder if Rosetta 2 on Ventura is more optimised or pretty much the same thing. And also, has Ventura broken anything that has once worked in Monterey - even though the user has installed the latest versions of everything in the computer?

Cheers.
I have issues with ventura as well. Im in intel. Its dumb stuff. Bugs all around.

There are some programs that break with Ventura, although all the ones I know about have been updated so they're no longer broken.

What specifically is causing the beachballs?

(Kid is playing in the front yard. Mailman goes around back to deliver mail, comes running back:

"Hey! Your mom is back there having sex with a goat!"

"And whaaaaaaat's wrong with thaaaaaat?"

It's an old joke.)

But back to talking about things Jobs would come back from his grave to fire a whole team for,

Is Rosetta more mature in Ventura, or is it the same thing? Logic is doing a really poor job at working with my hybrid template (AS/Rosetta) at this point.

But back to talking about things Jobs would come back from his grave to fire a whole team for,

Is Rosetta more mature in Ventura, or is it the same thing? Logic is doing a really poor job at working with my hybrid template (AS/Rosetta) at this point.
its better than the last cpu transition for sure. This time around its also about the cloud and working with other devices in tandem. Some of my bugs include ventura asking me to sign in when im already signed in. asking me 20 times about some background application thats running and if im sure i want it. Logic not showing the AUvalidation error popup, screen capture audio doesnt work... except after restarting the next day. Restarting the same day won't do it. Finder sometimes not opening but everything works the same. Random beachball errors while working on logic, most likley related to an ilok plugin that needs to phone home.
Notification hell where the same notification just pops up again and again regardless of what it is. but sometimes not.
GEtting update notifications and when i go to update its already the latest version.
Dunno, many other small stuff.

its better than the last cpu transition for sure. This time around its also about the cloud and working with other devices in tandem. Some of my bugs include ventura asking me to sign in when im already signed in. asking me 20 times about some background application thats running and if im sure i want it. Logic not showing the AUvalidation error popup, screen capture audio doesnt work... except after restarting the next day. Restarting the same day won't do it. Finder sometimes not opening but everything works the same. Random beachball errors while working on logic, most likley related to an ilok plugin that needs to phone home.
Notification hell where the same notification just pops up again and again regardless of what it is. but sometimes not.
GEtting update notifications and when i go to update its already the latest version.
wow. That’s not minor at all. this reminds me of how lucky I was with Windows 11. I had zero issues/annoyances. I only switched to the m1 because of the hype of “omg this is so fast blah!”. i guess that’s the punishment for being an early adopter..

This time around..,
Okay, but most if not all of that is specific to your machine, no?

The iLok/Logic problem... that's unlikely to be Ventura. I've had to sign into accounts for no apparent reason since the '80s. We don't all have the same plug-ins, but AU Eval hasn't led me astray. Beachball errors, not here. Screen capture audio, dunno.

This doesn't sound normal.

I kind of feel like this about every new release of Macos these days. It's a bit of a mess until the moment of the next big Macos. I don't want to sound high and mighty but damn always staying one iteration behind is keeping me sane.

Top Bottom