What's new

Monogram Creative Console (Formerly Palette Gear) & Its New MIDI Controllers

Yes, as long as you connect them to the new Monogram core, you can mix & match both generations.

The height difference is definitely a matter of personal preference. What I've found works great is to have the Monogram modules closest to me, depth-wise, and set up the Palette modules as a taller back row to the console. This gives the slimline Monogram modules in front where they're easiest to rest your hand on, while the taller Palette modules are still easy to reach when situated further away.
So the Mono core software takes over the pallet gear stuff as well if u mix the 2? ... just that a contact of ours offered me a cheap PG starter set for my son to go with his Traveller kit so want to make sure before we take it off him and agree a price that suits ... cheers

would be good to have this company and the deals put on mysoftwaredeals.com .. to track their prices and stock updates etc

I have one or two older Palette Gear kits that I will probably be selling soon, as I have 2 x of the Monogram consoles now (based in Europe) if anyone is interested.

Both versions are good, although their newer design is indeed more compact and better designed all around.

I have one or two older Palette Gear kits that I will probably be selling soon, as I have 2 x of the Monogram consoles now (based in Europe) if anyone is interested.

Both versions are good, although their newer design is indeed more compact and better designed all around.
Have u managed to get them to work together on the new software at all?

So basically the controller is set up once for all? No dynamically switching according to plug in?

So basically the controller is set up once for all? No dynamically switching according to plug in?
You can create and save multiple profiles that you can then customize by instrument.

In the demo video above, if you look closely at the Monogram software on the right hand side of the screen, you should be able to see what is a single “tab.” You can create multiple tabs, each essentially being its own profile that you can customize and name according to how you plan to use it. But, yes, you do have to select the tab/profile you want to use. It won’t auto-select within a DAW. It does, however seem to auto-select upon opening standalone applications.

Hmmm...just got out my old Monogram and Palette Gear components, and at first it connected fine to the Creator app, but then I upgraded and now the Creator app doesn't recognize the modules. Any ideas? Sent a support message to the makers, but in the meantime, seeing if I can get it up and running.

I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura.

The modules light up and seem to connect to the computer fine, but the Creator app no longer will recognize them.

Hmmm...just got out my old Monogram and Palette Gear components, and at first it connected fine to the Creator app, but then I upgraded and now the Creator app doesn't recognize the modules. Any ideas? Sent a support message to the makers, but in the meantime, seeing if I can get it up and running.

I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura.

The modules light up and seem to connect to the computer fine, but the Creator app no longer will recognize them.
Lets us know what they say ... as this will affect all customers who have both I guess and are on the brink of upgrading .... real shame

Reactions: Fox
Lets us know what they say ... as this will affect all customers who have both I guess and are on the brink of upgrading .... real shame
Brief update...I submitted two support tickets (b/c I was concerned the first didn't go through) and support has been quite sluggish to respond (and indeed, only responded to the 2nd ticket). Finger crossed that this gets resolved soon. Being patient for now.

Also, I wasn't clear before and should have been: when I first got the new Monogram console (2 years ago), it worked perfectly mixed in with my Pallette Gear (again, on my M1 MacBook Pro). I'm confident this will work fine once I get things sorted.

Brief update...I submitted two support tickets (b/c I was concerned the first didn't go through) and support has been quite sluggish to respond (and indeed, only responded to the 2nd ticket). Finger crossed that this gets resolved soon. Being patient for now.

Also, I wasn't clear before and should have been: when I first got the new Monogram console (2 years ago), it worked perfectly mixed in with my Pallette Gear (again, on my M1 MacBook Pro). I'm confident this will work fine once I get things sorted.
Fingers crossed .. i bought a second hand set of PG for my son for Xmas as I couldnt afford the extra 3 new modules he wants since the price hike .. now £300 with 15% Dis although posting free (plus an uncotrollable import charge) The traveller kit 2 years ago cost me an extra $90 in import duties which i didnt expect plus a handling charge from DHL (I think that was £15) ... thought it would be around $30 all in ... real shock . Guess Id better check the software and see if they do get recognised otherwise these will be useless (cant return as bought from eBay)

Fingers crossed .. i bought a second hand set of PG for my son for Xmas as I couldnt afford the extra 3 new modules he wants since the price hike .. now £300 with 15% Dis although posting free (plus an uncotrollable import charge) The traveller kit 2 years ago cost me an extra $90 in import duties which i didnt expect plus a handling charge from DHL (I think that was £15) ... thought it would be around $30 all in ... real shock . Guess Id better check the software and see if they do get recognised otherwise these will be useless (cant return as bought from eBay)
Got everything up and running! Woo hoo! Turns out I had a faulty chord, though I know for sure the USB chord I was using before I updated worked fine (even running through a hub). So, what I've learned is that USB-C chords can be quite finicky.

Top Bottom