What's new

Mixing Kontakt and non- Kontakt libraries in one Logic project

Johnbmann

Hello,
Is there any way to create a project in Logic in which I can acceess my Kontakt libraries as well as libraries which utilize the Spitfire GUI? Specifically I want to set up a project using Eric Whitacre library and LCO strings.
Thank you for any input!
John

I don’t use logic, but the answer is yes. Every DAW can do this as long as they support plug-ins.

Not sure where you are getting mixed up. Are you trying to have it so when you press a key on your keyboard, both libraries play at the same time? Layered together playing the same notes?

I’m not sure if I understand your question, but you can run many different software instruments in a single Logic Session. I use Kontakt and the Spitfire player in the same session almost daily. (As well as Toontrack, Spectrasonics, VE Pro, etc etc)

Just load whatever VST plugin in a track and you’re good to go. Synths, Kontakt, Logic instruments, Sine Player, whatever - they can all coexist in one project.

So, let’s say you insert Kontakt as a MIDI instrument on Track 1 to play in LCO Strings and then you add Spitfire’s player for the choir as a MIDI instrument on Track 2, etc.

Top Bottom