What's new

Missing Spitfire "Scripts" in Cubase

Harry

I recently moved from an old PC to a new one. Opening old Cubase files sometimes brings up a missing file message for some Spitfire products which is called "Scripts" ... auto-search doesn't find it anywhere, and if I skip search it brings in the Spitfire instrument but with an incomplete - most colo9urs, texts are missing - artwork in the Kontakt instrument.

Any idea what's happening here and what to do?

I recently moved from an old PC to a new one. Opening old Cubase files sometimes brings up a missing file message for some Spitfire products which is called "Scripts" ... auto-search doesn't find it anywhere, and if I skip search it brings in the Spitfire instrument but with an incomplete - most colo9urs, texts are missing - artwork in the Kontakt instrument.

What happens if you reload a problematic instrument manually? Do the colors, text, scripts loads this way?

Yes, it works fine then.
It seems that your old Cubase project stored the instrument drive, letter, folder etc. Now this path does not exist and auto search cannot find it. Try to show the new path folder manually and it must work. After that store the project.

I have never seen that, but a guess could be the ostinato patterns included with many of the original instruments (Albion One/1, etc.). In my case, they are located in Documents\Albion One etc., with one folder for each instrument.

It seems that your old Cubase project stored the instrument drive, letter, folder etc. Now this path does not exist and auto search cannot find it. Try to show the new path folder manually and it must work. After that store the project.
It doesn't make any difference if I try manually or automatically, it does not find the files. Can the script files be in a different location for some reason than the instrument samples etc?

What actually IS/ARE the Script files - what kind of file type are they (then I can do a search of my PC system).

Last edited:

Spitfire used to use an annoying method of updating the name of the script files with a new date, so if you redownloaded your library and deleted your old installation, your old projects would no longer find the script files they were once looking for.
For example, your project might be looking for "AlbionOne_2015_09_14.nkr", but your new installation has "AlbionOne_2017_10_18.nkr" instead.
What you can do, is simply make a copy of your .nkr file and then rename it to match the missing file, then re-link it using the missing samples dialog.

Obviously, replacing the whole instrument track with a newer version will be your best bet, but if you have lots of projects that need to be re-opened, this is the quickest way.
Personally, I keep a separate folder of Spitfire Scripts just in case I ever need to revert back.

Ahaaa, right, now I get it. Thanks for that. So, I located the newer .nkr file, copied it and saved that copy as the old .nkr file name, and it then loads it. :emoji_nerd:

Top Bottom