What's new

Midi cc number of the volume controller...SOLVED

berto

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 15.40.19.png

Hello, i am using a midi cc to crossfade some groups...

can i then change via script only the midi cc number?
i know i could do the all thing via script using on controller but i need to use a specific crossfade curve,
for which math i am kind of useless...

thanks in advance

Berto

A.G

can i then change via script only the midi cc number?
As far as I remember you can do the following:
1. Keep the CC assignment or reassign the volume curve CC to some rear used CC# such as CC105 for example.
2. In the Instrument UI you can create a knob or slider for X-fade and you can learn it to say CC1 (Modwheel).
3. You can generate CC105 in the script when you tweak the UI Knob/Slider via mouse or via the learned CC1.

BTW: Some Kontakt Instrument developers add messages such as: "Do not use CC# 103 -110, cause they are used for internal communication". In the example above CC#105 is your internal CC#.

OP
B

berto

As far as I remember you can do the following:
1. Keep the CC assignment or reassign the volume curve CC to some rear used CC# such as CC105 for example.
2. In the Instrument UI you can create a knob or slider for X-fade and you can learn it to say CC1 (Modwheel).
3. You can generate CC105 in the script when you tweak the UI Knob/Slider via mouse or via the learned CC1.

BTW: Some Kontakt Instrument developers add messages such as: "Do not use CC# 103 -110, cause they are used for internal communication". In the example above CC#105 is your internal CC#.
thanks for the hint. I resolved therefore doing the following:

on init
declare ui_value_edit $crossfade_CC (1,127,1)
end on

on controller
if ($CC_NUM =$crossfade_CC)
set_controller(105, %CC[$crossfade_CC])
end if
end on

and the whole volume curve under the hood responds to cc105 as you suggested
thanks

Berto

A.G

I resolved therefore doing the following:
and the whole volume curve under the hood responds to cc105 as you suggested
thanks
Berto
All is fine. In your example you use a value_edit UI which is not CC learnable. Hope you will replace it with another UI wich is CC learnable in your real project :thumbsup:.

OP
B

berto

All is fine. In your example you use a value_edit UI which is not CC learnable. Hope you will replace it with another UI wich is CC learnable in your real project :thumbsup:.
oh yes, that is just a dummy line to explain the process... :)

Top Bottom