What's new

Mahler: Symphony No 3 in D Minor I.Kraftig. Entschieden - Mockup

Very impressive. I only heard this through laptop speakers atm, but it sounds like a real performance. Brass is especially realistic sounding. Well done!

It sounds great, -articular the brass!
I only miss a bit more bite to the strings and a bit louder strings.
What libraries did you use? thank you for sharing :)

hi all thank u ! yes for strings its mainly pacific with csss for definition on those tremolos - on the divisi parts i push the csss a bit higher and layer a little bit of sf orch swarm and sf alt solo strings for more rustling noise on the swells. theres also some OT strings expansion stuff for the low strings and some spitfire playable runs patches. brass is a pretty even split on caspian and csb aside from the horn chorale which has sample modeling horns and spitfire solo horns to make up the 8 parts. there is a bit of sample modeling brass throughout - i kind of rotate who plays here an there so theres a bit of variation and certain moments feel naturally bigger than others. all woods are csw all perc is cineperc. everything was played in from the og score (sight reading transposing instruments sucks !!)

reverbs are mostly uad lex 224 and valhalla room as well as a little waves ir bricasti room on some instruments to push them back. i also used a slap echo (crazy) with the stereo image swapped on stuff that felt too close to create some reflections. theres a little uad 1073 eq on bussess and some mild 2bus processing.

on the 3 recordings i was referencing the strings were very much second fiddle and only poked out at moments. i would have pushed them more but when 8 horns are marked FFF the strings naturally are a bit drowned out. t was sorta a serve the score call.

Top Bottom