What's new

Mac Studio (New Hardware Mac Computer)!!!!

Well I don't know about the US, but I'm almost certain in Mexico you can also do that via a chat or the tracking website.

I'm in the UK. UPS are shocking here.

A year or so ago I got a letter from them demanding just under £ 500.00. I had no idea what it was for, I had no invoice - you wouldn't think it would be too difficult for them to send me an invoice would you ?

Well six months later they still hadn't managed to send me an invoice telling me what the charge was for. I told them if they sent me an invoice and I owed the money - it would be paid immediately - but I had no idea what it could be, and they seemed at a loss too.

By this time, they had stopped answering the phone (which usually took around 30-40 minutes when they bothered to answer at all) and you now got a voice message saying they were now only responding via email, and gave an email address. It took them three weeks to reply to my email, and was to tell me it was the wrong email address and gave me a different one.

I resent the email to the new address they supplied.

About a month later a debt collector's letter rolled up adding all sorts of charges. I rang the debt collector told him I was still waiting for the invoice as I had no idea what the charge was for. A month later I called the debt collector again and asked them for an update. They said they were having difficulty in getting a response from UPS and had no idea what the invoice was for either.

A month after this I got a reply to my second email, telling me I sent the email to the wrong email address, and the asked me to send the email to the original address I had emailed some 2-3 months previous.

About 8 weeks later I was eventually supplied an invoice for 'brokerage charges', along with some rather enthusiastic charges for late payment. I rang the debt collection company and paid the invoice but without the extra charges and told them that they would have to go to court if they wanted the overdue fees. The debt collector said that wasn't happening - and that they were having real trouble with UPS.

They are an absolute shower.......

Last edited:
I'm in the UK. UPS are shocking here.

A year or so ago I got a letter from them demanding just under £ 500.00. I had no idea what it was for, I had no invoice - you wouldn't think it would be too difficult for them to send me an invoice would you ?

Well six months later they still hadn't managed to send me an invoice telling me what the charge was for. I told them if they sent me an invoice and I owed the money - it would be paid immediately - but I had no idea what it could be, and they seemed at a loss too. You'd think they could just email the invoice over wouldn't you ?

By this time, they had stopped answering the phone (which usually took around 30-40 minutes when they bothered to answer at all) and you now got a voice message saying they were now only responding via email, and gave an email address. It took them three weeks to reply to my email, and was to tell me it was the wrong email address and gave me a different one.

I resent the email to the new address they supplied.

About a month later a debt collector's letter rolled up adding all sorts of charges. I rang the debt collector told him I was still waiting for the invoice as I had no idea what the charge was for. A month later I called the debt collector again and asked them for an update. They said they were having difficulty in getting a response from UPS and had no idea what the invoice was for either.

A month after this I got a reply to my second email, telling me I sent the email to the wrong email address, and the asked me to send the email to the original address I had emailed some 2-3 months previous.

About 8 weeks later I was eventually supplied an invoice for 'brokerage charges', along with some rather enthusiastic charges for late payment. I rang the debt collection company and paid the invoice but without the extra charges and told them that they would have to go to court if the wanted the overdue fees. The debt collector said that wasn't happening - and that they were having real trouble with UPS.

They are an absolute shower.......
Jesus what a nightmare...

Hopefully you will be able to figure it out for the Mac Studio!

Well this morning they've changed the delivery date once again, Now it's the 27th....

It would be nice if I got it for the weekend,...
Fingers crossed... good luck!

Harking back to my first impression of your post and despite your disheartening experience with United Parcel Service, I DO hope you use an Uninterruptible Power Supply to protect your gear and your data.

A storage note: My ASM1352R based drive enclosure (and its 2x Samsung QVO in RAID-0) did not work in my Mac Studio. It asked to format the unknown drives 😬
Oh well, the single USB SATA drives did work. I'm migrating to NVMe drives anyway.

The IKEA Kuggis box on my desk contains a CalDigit Element Hub (TB4) and all external drives for the Studio. Acasis USB 4.0+Samsung 980 PRO, Sabrent EC-SNVE+Seagate Firecuda 510, Samsung T5, Sabrent EC-SS31+Samsung 860 EVO.
I'll swap another Samsung T5 from the iMac for the dual QVO drive enclosure to have both iMac and Mac Studio happy.

Got my Mac Studio here in Germany after about two weeks after ordering it. It is my main computer now, libraries running mostly on a slave PC via VEP7. Everything smooth and beautiful so far!

Got my Mac Studio here in Germany after about two weeks after ordering it. It is my main computer now, libraries running mostly on a slave PC via VEP7. Everything smooth and beautiful so far!
nice, I heard many rumours from people using Logic Pro (so obviously on a Mac) with a slave PC and they said it wasn't always super stable. They recommended to use PC DAW with PC Slave and Mac DAW with Mac Slave to be more stable.

Do you have any issue with a Slave PC and Mac DAW?

Not at all. I am using Cubase, and vast orchestral templates. All works fine. With the Synergy app I can use mouse & keyboard on both systems, so it almost feels like one.

And I love the Apple ecosystem, so I benefit from that.

I like Apple eco-system too, that's why I stayed on this platform (even if some PC are cheaper). I don't hate PC, I just like Mac and I'm used to and I got all my stuff on Mac now... I was just wondering if slave PC would work good with Mac DAW... it seems like Cubase works fine, but I'm not sure with Logic Pro.

I wish I could use a Mac Studio as a VEP server for my MBP, but that would be some serious investment I would need to think twice... that's why I keep an eye on this thread.

I appreciate all your feedback, it helps.

Awww duuu. Mine takes 4 weeks more and the damn display even longer. Naja warten….

Well I've spent the day setting the New Mac Studio up. The first thing is just how quiet it is. I just doesn't seem to make any noise. It's a little black hole.

The weird thing is that I'm getting all nostalgic about the 2009 Mac Pro. It's almost as if I'm feeling guilty running off with this young floozy, whilst the one who has stood by me and never let me down all these years is getting the heave ho. I am obviously an utter bastard. (Definately re-enacting the end of Toy Story here. I should lay off the drink.)

I've gone for a new install for everything and God it's time consuming - but some of the crap I haven't installed - well I probably haven't ever used it in anger. (I'm Looking at you AIR.)

I have a large amount of my desk back too.

Mac Pros with decent specs seem to be going for under £ 200 at the moment, so I think I'll let my dad have it - he's in his 80's now and his PC isn't the best.

All I need is VSL to get the native stuff out, and then I'll be well on the way. Oh, and UAD - slackers.

Happy I went for the 64Gb Max CPU 2TB. I'll just have to be a bit clever with the RAM.....

Of course Tim Cook is going to announce a Mac Pro on June 6th (just inside the return window) that's going to be killer....

Top Bottom