What's new

Lunaris 2 - Premiere Pads Instrument for Kontakt Player

This upgrade is fantastic. Lunaris 2 is the best pad library I've ever played out of the box. Interface to customize sounds or import my own source material couldn't be easier.

The new organization of presets is much more intuitive. A loading progress bar will be welcomed, but everything seemed to be loading faster than v1 (PC I7 16GB ram) with no long wait time here.

Fully recommended. This is on my "must have" short list as a keyboardist.

Last edited:
Instant buy based on the video.
All presets were carefully crafted with love and passion. The categories are very helpfull.
The GUI and engine are well designed and motivates to create endless variations.
Best VI in 2022, by far :2thumbs:

Very well done @Luftrum

Last edited:
Lunaris has been a wonderful tool for me, I'm very excited that Lunaris 2 is ready at last! Some of the feature crossovers from Bioscape will be a lot of fun to try out 😁

On the topic of CPU usage, for all of those who are concerned, there is a very handy blurb in the Manual which I will copy here:

"To preserve and minimize CPU usage, here are some valuable tips in
prioritized order:
- Turn off the delay effects
- Turn off the reverb
- Reduce layers using the Freeze effect
- Reduce release times of the Amp Envelopes of active layers
- Reduce the number of active layers."

Thanks for all the kind words and release-love!

I want to share a few vids from the great YouTube demonstrating Lunaris 2. The first is a beautiful ambient Livestream by Martin Stürtzer, playing with Lunaris 2 and some other synths. The second is a recent vid by Markus Junnikkala, it's more of a proper Lunaris 2 demo and a preset walkthrough. Enjoy!

I’ve played around with Lunaris 2 every day since its release, exploring each of the sections, and I must say it is truly and utterly magnificent! The sonic palette is masterful and there is so much depth here. Thank you, Søren!

Since on the first message it says requires Kontakt 6.7.1 or newer, I guess it's just a bug from NI's side when I installed Lunaris 2 that I got a popup window that said that it requires Kontakt 7?

Since on the first message it says requires Kontakt 6.7.1 or newer, I guess it's just a bug from NI's side when I installed Lunaris 2 that I got a popup window that said that it requires Kontakt 7?
Yes, I noticed the same. During installation in Native Access, it creates a dependency and tells to install Kontakt Player too, and this is the latest version 7. You can skip that part if you already have v6.7.1. You do not need to install Kontakt Player 7.

I’ve played around with Lunaris 2 every day since its release, exploring each of the sections, and I must say it is truly and utterly magnificent! The sonic palette is masterful and there is so much depth here. Thank you, Søren!
Thank you c0nsilience. Glad to hear you like it! :)

Other than backwards compatibility with older projects, is there any reason to keep Lunaris 1 installed after installing Lunaris 2?

I’m keeping mine installed to have access to sound sets from both as there isn’t a massive overlap between the two.
Oh so they are different sound sources? Guess that was the question if Lunaris 2 has all Lunaris 1 sound sets. Good to know thanks!

They don’t specify, but the intro video does mention that Lunaris 2 has over twice the amount of soundsets as Lunaris 1. If you look at some of the names, they are the same between the two, so I believe that Lunaris 2 does have everything in Lunaris 1, and more. However I didn’t check every single one, so it would be better if the developers confirmed this instead.

Other than backwards compatibility with older projects, is there any reason to keep Lunaris 1 installed after installing Lunaris 2?
Well, all the main sound sources from Lunaris are ported over to Lunaris 2 and then we have added twice as many new sound sources too. Some presets are recreated from the original Lunaris, but most are fresh material using the new sound sources. They are different engines though, with different interface sizes and different effects too, so they are two different products and there are many presets in the original Lunaris which is not present in Lunaris 2.

Bottom line, the reason for keeping the original Lunaris installed is mostly based on a matter of personal preferences. But from a content perspective, you can safely delete the original Lunaris. If you regret, you can always just re-install via Native Access.

I would like to integrate Lunaris 2 in an older project, anyone else struggling with the insanely slow loading times of the presets?
PS: moving the folder from SSD to M2 SSD, @Luftrum how the hell did you build an instrument with exactly 7777 files?! 😅
1671785045108.png

Still loading times around 30s or more for one single preset, so it's useless for me. If someone knows any tips to reduce the loading times many thanks in advance.

I would like to integrate Lunaris 2 in an older project, anyone else struggling with the insanely slow loading times of the presets?
PS: moving the folder from SSD to M2 SSD, @Luftrum how the hell did you build an instrument with exactly 7777 files?! 😅
1671785045108.png
Yes thats true, loading times are really slow, also with me from a SSD T7.....

But 7777 is better than 👿 6666 though

Top Bottom