What's new

Lunaris 2 - Premiere Pads Instrument for Kontakt Player

Fortunately, Lunaris still continues to run in K6, which is great! Don't know why NA seems to think K7 is required.
Correct. Lunaris v2.3 is created in 6.7.1 delibrerately, so Kontakt 7 is not required. It's also compatible with the Kontakt Player for the same version.

However, this compatibility won't last indefinitely, unfortunately. Eventually, Lunaris 2 will need to move into the 7.x range, in particular in order to achieve NKS 2 compatibility. In fact, the only reason that prevents me to upgrade Lunaris 2 to NKS 2, is because I like the idea of Lunaris 2 still being compatible with Kontakt 6.x.

Correct. Lunaris v2.3 is created in 6.7.1 delibrerately, so Kontakt 7 is not required. It's also compatible with the Kontakt Player for the same version.

However, this compatibility won't last indefinitely, unfortunately. Eventually, Lunaris 2 will need to move into the 7.x range, in particular in order to achieve NKS 2 compatibility. In fact, the only reason that prevents me to upgrade Lunaris 2 to NKS 2, is because I like the idea of Lunaris 2 still being compatible with Kontakt 6.x.
Thanks Soren,
Sticking with K6 as long as you can is most appreciated,some of us still have older rigs that can’t handle K7.
FWIW even people that have newer computers that can use K7 from what I keep seeing in numerous threads again and again is K7 still has too many problems for too many users.

Are you using Komplete or thinking about upgrading your Komplete version?

Native Instruments is offering a promotion for Komplete 14 which includes Lunaris 2, but only for a limited time. If you upgrade to Komplete 14 Ultimate or Komplete 14 Collector's Edition, Lunaris 2 will be included as part of your upgrade package.

This offer is available until April 3.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/komplete-friends-offer-2024/

k14-upgrade.jpg

Ohh, I love the Synthwave presets as well as the fresh pads, sounds incred!

I read in the FAQ about high CPU load and needing to use the verbs with caution, so what are we talking about here? I want to be able to play this thing at reasonable latency (less than 5ms).. I have a decent machine, and can play Arturia Pigments with no issues (for reference)..

Ohh, I love the Synthwave presets as well as the fresh pads, sounds incred!

I read in the FAQ about high CPU load and needing to use the verbs with caution, so what are we talking about here? I want to be able to play this thing at reasonable latency (less than 5ms).. I have a decent machine, and can play Arturia Pigments with no issues (for reference)..
Thank you. CPU issues were mainly a concern with the original Lunaris, not Lunaris 2. The FAQ section about CPU is focused solely on the original Lunaris, since this permitted four simultaneous IR reverbs to be active - which was a struggle for even the most powerful computers. Lunaris 2 is designed differently and there's only one global reverb.

I haven't received similar reports regarding CPU issues when it comes to Lunaris 2.

Thank you. CPU issues were mainly a concern with the original Lunaris, not Lunaris 2. The FAQ section about CPU is focused solely on the original Lunaris, since this permitted four simultaneous IR reverbs to be active - which was a struggle for even the most powerful computers. Lunaris 2 is designed differently and there's only one global reverb.

I haven't received similar reports regarding CPU issues when it comes to Lunaris 2.
Ahh yeah, makes sense. Good to hear it's perfectly normal. Great work! Picking Lunaris 2 up as we speak, tnx for the subscription discount code :dancer:

Why isn't Lunaris 2 Samples Files packaged in nkx format?

Why isn't Lunaris 2 Samples Files packaged in nkx format?
Mainly because adding new sample content and updating Lunaris 2 with new material, is significantly more flexible - and less complex - when the files are kept in open folders.

I just want to share that I enjoy Lunaris 2. I really feel inspired by the soundscaping sounds although I haven't used my custom patches yet. I love things like the environmental sounds & eurorack soundscapes, etc. The sounds blend very nicely. I read various music forums all the time.

Top Bottom