What's new

Logic X: Saving patches won't save delay offset?

I meant, "If you can get it to show up as an AU on your VEPro".

It works once you have it available. Not buggy at all. No issues... but you said you couldn't even see it, so who knows what's going on with your rig over there?

Guys, Logic has a native plugin called Sample Delay that is used to offset a track in samples or ms. And of course you can save it in patches. It’s in the Delay folder, but isn’t an ”echo” effect, so it’s easy to miss.

Yes, but it's an audio plugin, so it needs to sit on an instrument track.

And if I have 16 MIDI tracks feeding into that instrument track, all 16 have the same delay. Desired outcome is to have separate delay values for each MIDI track.

(PS - There is actually a place for this in Track Inspector - parameter 'Delay'. But Logic does not consistently recognize this value).

I also don't think Sample Delay does negative values (moving notes forward in time).

SampleDelay is not what you need or want. That plugin adds delay.

Expert sleepers latency fixer does not add any delay in any direction. What it does is report latency to the host. Your laggy sample library is essentially a plugin with its own latency that is not being reported to the host. Latencyfixer reports it. That’s all. Your daw does the rest of compensating for that latency automatically during playback.

Top Bottom