What's new

Logic MIDI Track Playback Problem

king-1871

Greetings, folks.

A strange malfunction just crept into a Logic project of mine, and I’m hoping you folks can shed some light on how I might fix it.

I have a track with a flute sound library (the 8Dio Claire Flute) loaded that was working just fine until recently. Suddenly, the notes do not play back as written in the piano roll. They used to do so, but not anymore. Now, when two notes that overlap transition from one to the next, the second note gets cut short. It should play a legato transition into the second note, which is a long note, but instead, it just plays a short note, almost like a staccato, then stops. I won’t hear the flute again until the playhead reaches another “Note On” event. All regions in the flute track are now doing this.

Things I’ve tried:

1 — I tried unloading the Claire Flute, then reloading it, but that did not fix it.

2 — Interestingly, if I just play live on my keyboard, the Claire Flute plays back just fine — it plays legato notes that hold for their full length.

3 — If I click on a problem note in the piano roll, and thereby play it in isolation, it plays back for its full duration. It’s only during playback of the song that some notes play back with extremely short values.

4 — I also tried swapping out the Claire Flute and substituted a different library, and that played back fine. All notes play for their proper duration.

5 — I opened a different project that also uses the Claire Flute, and it still works fine in that project (even when using the exact same articulation.)

6 — I tried copying the one of the problem regions into a new track, but that did not help.

Any idea what might be causing this? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Top Bottom