What's new

Live Now: November / Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals - 2022 Edition

I have an older machine that doesn't have the connections for NVME, but I could use a PCIe card. Would I get a lot more performance doing that than over standard SATA off the motherboard?
You would.
However, you may not notice it for music, unless you stream directly from SSD, or your libraries have huge patches.
On the other hand, if you setup your OS on it, it could be night and day.

I have an older machine that doesn't have the connections for NVME, but I could use a PCIe card. Would I get a lot more performance doing that than over standard SATA off the motherboard?
I am also using a PCIe card in my PC with 3 additional

SAMSUNG PRO PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ SSD 2TB​

installed in addition to NVMe‘s installed on the motherboard.
The less external connections the better the performance, no question. It was one of the main reasons I avoided the MAC Studios and newest MAC mini’s and made the switch to the latest Gen 13 Intel chip PC. The ability to customize the PC without spending the price of a new car on an already aging MAC PRO and saying goodbye to peripherals was also somewhat of a no brainer. I also am using the RME HDSPe AIO PRO sound card audio interface so no cables needed for an external audio interface. That card is terrific.

I currently have a T7 2TB drive that is sitting unused, but I am really thinking about getting one of these. I think I have a spare slot for it. Or it could replace a 500 GB one I have. I still have a lot of older libraries on HDD, so moving them to an M.2 drive would be nice. So tempting.....

Not sure if you have seen these...

2.8 gb/sec = fastest ever made?

What about this one:

Amazon product ASIN B0B25M8FXX
Re "Live Now: November / Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals - 2022 Edition": wouldn't be better to create a new thread out of the 2023 posts in this thread?

Hello I need NORDIC WAR HORNS from
Yes, go here to download it.

Hello I need NORDIC WAR HORNS from

I love the sound of free Nordic Horns in the morning! And the afternoon, evening and, to be honest, the dead of night too.

I love the sound of free Nordic Horns in the morning! And the afternoon, evening and, to be honest, the dead of night too.
Especially the dead... of NIGht... OMG!!! Construction going on next door 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. I NEED some BRAAAMS!

Especially the dead... of NIGht... OMG!!! Construction going on next door 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. I NEED some BRAAAMS!
Speaking of braaams, have you heard of FREE NORDIC WAR HORNS?
Download it here

Top Bottom