What's new

Lawrence Welk Calcutta Harpsichord ?

bcarwell

Is there a library that comes close to the cheesy Vox "electronic" harpsichord in Lawrence Welk's Calcutta (their first Gold I think) "invented" by his keyboard player ? And bring back the hot Lennon Sisters !

Bob

Forgive me as this does not answer your question but Wow!!!! :dancedance:
Anything Lawrence Welk brings back some vague stoned hazed memories from my early teenage years in the 70's.
If we were home bored on a Saturday night and left to our own devices we'd occasionally turn on ourselves as well as the Lawrence Welk show and laugh hysterically at the antics LW brought to the TV,The Jimi Hendrix Experience it was not,lol
The bands and musicians were actually some of the best players in the LA studio scene,Paul Humphrey Welks drummer for many years also played on Frank Zappa's Hot Rats album etc........

The corny patter of the singers,strange arrangements and performances are still cheezy to the max.
For anyone that never saw the surreal Lawrence Welk Show,check this out.

thanks for bringing back the bizarre memory:rofl:.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the "bikers love harpsichord music" line from "Werewolf" on MST3K.

Getting a harpsichord sound before the 90s romplers was pretty tough, wasn't it? I know it's showed up on albums here and there, like some early Deep Purple stuff, but that probably had to be the real thing?

Every person that responds to this thread will have reading glasses, take some form of fiber supplement, and knows what "dungarees" are. :)

Anything Lawrence Welk brings back some vague stoned hazed memories from my early teenage years in the 70's.

We're probably around the same age. Yup, it was a strange show and a strange time. Saturday night was Star Trek reruns, Lawrence Welk, Hee-Haw (!) and the Carol Burnett show. My dad passed recently so I'm getting a little teary but enjoying the nostalgia of remembering those days.

I’m sorry about your loss.........
As time goes by try to appreciate the time you had with your dad.

Yeah we’re all getting older but for some strange reason I still don't use reading glasses, no fiber supplements but I gone back to jeans the last few years :cool: Agreed going into the 70’s was a weird strange time. As bad as Welk’s show was.Carol Burnett’s show was such a masterpiece.After all of these years it still one of the funniest sketch comedy shows ever made, if you don’t classify The Lawrence Welk as a comedy show. :rofl:

You might be able to find the harpsichord sound you're looking for in this library. Muahahahaha.....

welk_library_2.jpg

Top Bottom