What's new

LA Scoring Strings 3

For solo instruments, MSS only has a violin, a viola (using "remixed" LASS FC Viola samples), and a cello. Indeed, there are no second chairs, emulated or otherwise. And no solo bass.
Does it mean that MSS is all derived from the old(or with the new UI)LASS ? I think that wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the Walkthrus.

Thanks. That’s clear enough. Wait! You meant the 2nd Chair or the 2nd Violins?
I don't believe MSS has a second chair at all. The second violin ensemble is "real", and the solo violin and cello are "real". The solo viola comes from the LASS first chair viola. Aside from the viola, to the best of our knowledge, all of MSS's sections and first chairs are separate new recordings

Does it mean that MSS is all derived from the old(or with the new UI)LASS ? I think that wasn’t mentioned anywhere in the Walkthrus.
The wording of your question still leaves room for interpretation, so I'm just going to summarize the relevant (not comprehensive) history/content of LASS and MSS and hope it helps.

LASS 2.5 Ensembles:
  • Records 3 divisi per 4 sections:
    • Violins I A/B/C
    • Violas A/B/C
    • Cellos A/B/C
    • Basses A/B/C
  • Violins II A/B/C are derived from Violins I A/B/C
LASS 2.5 First Chairs:
  • Records 5 soloists:
    • violin
    • viola
    • cello
    • bass
    • "xtra" violin (unmentioned bonus)
  • All 2nd Chairs are derived from their corresponding First Chairs
  • The "xtra" violin has no derived 2nd Chair
MSS (all new except solo viola):
  • Records 2 divisi per 5 sections:
    • Violins I A/B
    • Violins II A/B
    • Violas A/B
    • Cellos A/B
    • Basses A/B
  • Records 2 soloists:
    • solo violin
    • solo cello
  • Solo viola is "remixed" from LASS 2.5 First Chair viola to match MSS (that's all MSS takes from LASS)
  • No solo bass is recorded
LASS 3:
  • Came after MSS and can roughly be seen as "MSS but with LASS samples" (of course being limited to the articulation/section coverage of LASS 2.5)
  • Features no new recordings! This was a purely functional update.
  • Has all content from LASS 2.5 Ensembles + First Chairs EXCEPT:
    • the derived 2nd Chair soloists
    • the "xtra" solo violin
    • the ARC multi script
    • the multis (hence folks asking for them to be recreated here)
  • The Audiobro downloader for LASS 3 offers the "Legacy Files" which are the LASS 2.5 NKPs and NKMs but resaved in such a way that they show up as part of LASS 3. These include everything of v2.5 including the multis, ARC, and that "xtra" violin, but will all use the LASS 2.5 GUI. And it's just the files since the sample content is already part of LASS 3.

The wording of your question still leaves room for interpretation, so I'm just going to summarize the relevant (not comprehensive) history/content of LASS and MSS and hope it helps.

LASS 2.5 Ensembles:
  • Records 3 divisi per 4 sections:
    • Violins I A/B/C
    • Violas A/B/C
    • Cellos A/B/C
    • Basses A/B/C
  • Violins II A/B/C are derived from Violins I A/B/C
LASS 2.5 First Chairs:
  • Records 5 soloists:
    • violin
    • viola
    • cello
    • bass
    • "xtra" violin (unmentioned bonus)
  • All 2nd Chairs are derived from their corresponding First Chairs
  • The "xtra" violin has no derived 2nd Chair
MSS (all new except solo viola):
  • Records 2 divisi per 5 sections:
    • Violins I A/B
    • Violins II A/B
    • Violas A/B
    • Cellos A/B
    • Basses A/B
  • Records 2 soloists:
    • solo violin
    • solo cello
  • Solo viola is "remixed" from LASS 2.5 First Chair viola to match MSS (that's all MSS takes from LASS)
  • No solo bass is recorded
LASS 3:
  • Came after MSS and can roughly be seen as "MSS but with LASS samples" (of course being limited to the articulation/section coverage of LASS 2.5)
  • Features no new recordings! This was a purely functional update.
  • Has all content from LASS 2.5 Ensembles + First Chairs EXCEPT:
    • the derived 2nd Chair soloists
    • the "xtra" solo violin
    • the ARC multi script
    • the multis (hence folks asking for them to be recreated here)
  • The Audiobro downloader for LASS 3 offers the "Legacy Files" which are the LASS 2.5 NKPs and NKMs but resaved in such a way that they show up as part of LASS 3. These include everything of v2.5 including the multis, ARC, and that "xtra" violin, but will all use the LASS 2.5 GUI. And it's just the files since the sample content is already part of LASS 3.
Wow! That’s cool! MSS is all new. Thanks for taking your time @kpmuzik.

Hi,

I posted a question about how to use the Auto-Divisi system in LASS 3 on the Audiobro Forum.

I got a helpful reply today from Andrew K of AudioBro. He recommended I watch the Auto-Divisi Video that shows how it works when using their other sample library (Genesis). LASS 3 Auto-Divisi works in the same way, I'm guessing MSS as well.

Here is a link to the video :

https://audiobro.com/genesis_videos-auto_divisi/

I hope this is helpful info for LASS 3, and MSS users.

CHeers,
Muziksculp

Short LASS 3 First chairs demo just for those looking to hear the sound.
One artic per instrument, bit of dynamics no volume mixing.
Reverberate 3 for send to bright hall I think.

Top Bottom