What's new

Kontakt Updates (current version: 6.6.1)

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
6.6.1 - 2021-09-08
Bug Fix.

• FIXED Under certain conditions projects would still not recall correctly in Cubase with Kontakt VST3
  • FIXED Recalling projects with multiple outputs with Kontakt VST3 would launch with factory output settings
  • FIXED CPU Spikes could occur when a network connection was not found
  • FIXED Incoming MIDI CC automation could be interpreted by the DAW as host automation in some cases
  • FIXED Changing Kontakt snapshots in Komplete Kontrol would not update the NKS parameter values for VST3
  • ADDED KSP New Factory scripts "Poly Aftertouch Support", "Individual Key Retrigger", and "2 XY MIDI Controllers"
Creator Tools stays on version 1.4.0 and works with this version of Kontakt, too.

6.6.0 - 2021-07-06
VST3 Target, User content base path, flexible EVENT_PAR routing.
  • ADDED Kontakt now also provides a VST3 target
  • REMOVED 32-bit VST2 target is no longer provided
  • CHANGED The Options Load/Import tab is updated and renamed to Loading
  • ADDED It is now possible to set a user library path in the Kontakt options Loading Tab
  • ADDED KSP New KSP command redirect_output()
  • IMPROVED KSP It is now possible to refresh the ui_file_selector
  • ADDED KSP Scripts can now send modulation events to the new From Script modulator
  • ADDED KSP It is now possible to attach the ui_meter to gain reduction meters
  • ADDED KSP Level meter ranges and orientation can now be set with $CONTROL_PAR_RANGE_MIN and $CONTROL_PAR_RANGE_MAX
  • ADDED New factory script Arpeggiator (sync) based on the listener callback for solid host sync timing
  • ADDED The about screen now displays the Kontakt target
  • FIXED When modulating amp release, the release velocity was delayed by one note
  • FIXED Kontakt could crash on Windows if the system user documents folder was on a USB or network drive
  • FIXED Kontakt could crash when re-ordering NKIs in a bank
  • FIXED In some cases external modulator names were missing in instruments created with Kontakt 4 or earlier
  • FIXED Wavetable Inharmonic knob is now correctly displayed as a bipolar value
  • FIXED Collection of minor cosmetic GUI fixes

Creator Tools 1.4.0 - 2021-06-07
File system access via Lua.
  • ADDED Instrument Editor: It is now possible to set the grid and BPM with Lua
  • ADDED Instrument Editor: It is now possible to enable Lua file system access
  • IMPROVED Lua Script: Log limit is now increased to 100.000 lines

6.5.3 - 2021-04-27
Bug fix.
  • FIXED Transient Master could interrupt the audio signal under certain conditions
  • FIXED Effects loaded on the Main Effects strip could interrupt the audio signal under certain conditions
  • FIXED Loading a DAW preset with missing content could lead to unexpected behaviour
  • FIXED Changing the source mode would reset the zone speed to the default value

6.5.2 - 2021-02-22

Bug fix.
  • FIXED Kontakt would crash when attempting to resolve missing content under certain conditions
  • IMPROVED Resolving missing content is now much faster
  • FIXED Instruments created with Kontakt 6.5.x could load incorrectly in earlier versions

6.5.1 - 2021-02-09

Bug fix.
  • FIXED Crash attempting to resolve missing content in Cubase on Windows
  • FIXED Bus Effects and Main Effects were not following tempo when synced
  • FIXED Hang when fade out is attempted when the sample is not yet loaded

6.5.0 - 2020-01-27
New KSP bindings, resolve missing content across all instances, macOS Big Sur compatibility
  • FIXED Kontakt is now Mac OS Big Sur compatible
  • CHANGED Minimum supported macOS version is now 10.13
  • FIXED UI Scaling issue on Cubase, Ableton and Studio One on Windows
  • FIXED Kontakt was not releasing memory correctly
  • FIXED Manually typing BPM in the Wave Editor Grid section did not work
  • FIXED Selecting groups with the arrow keys in the Group Editor did not work
  • FIXED Sample playback could glitch under certain conditions when set to High or Perfect modes
  • FIXED The Main FX strip was not correctly recalling values from snapshots
  • FIXED The Main FX strip was not correctly recalling host automation assignments
  • FIXED Manipulating the convolution volume envelope in the Main Effects strip would cause Kontakt to crash
  • FIXED Supercharger GT menus were not correctly returning engine parameter values
  • IMPROVED Missing content across all Kontakt instances can now be resolved from a single dialog
  • FIXED Under certain conditions some libraries (Kinetic Treats, Kinetic Toys) would not fully resolve missing content
  • ADDED KSP New bindings for modulation parameters ($ENGINE_PAR_ENV_AHD, $ENGINE_PAR_ENV_DBD_EASY, $ENGINE_PAR_LFO_NORMALIZE, $ENGINE_PAR_ENVF_ATTACK, $ENGINE_PAR_ENVF_RELEASE, $ENGINE_PAR_ENVF_GAIN_BOOST, $ENGINE_PAR_ENVF_ADAPTION)
  • ADDED KSP New bindings for effect parameters ($ENGINE_PAR_SCOMP_LINK, $ENGINE_PAR_COMP_LINK, $ENGINE_PAR_COMP_TYPE, $ENGINE_PAR_IRC_REVERSE,$NI_COMP_TYPE_PRO, $ENGINE_PAR_STEREO_PSEUDO, $ENGINE_PAR_IRC_ER_LR_BOUNDARY,$ENGINE_PAR_POST_FX_SLOT)
  • IMPROVED KSP Number of maximum declared controls of each type increased from 512 to 999 (except for ui_file_selector)
  • ADDED KSP New constant $NI_KONTAKT_IS_HEADLESS returns true if running in Maschine+
  • ADDED KSP New function get_event_mark() to match the existing set_event_mark(), checks if a bit-mark is set or not for a specific event
  • ADDED KSP Picture not found now returns a script warning
  • FIXED Boundary pushing of low and high note or velocity fade was inconsistent
  • ADDED Additional factory KSP multi scripts
  • FIXED Collection of minor cosmetic GUI fixes

Creator Tools 1.3.0 - 2021-01-26
MIR findLoop function, GUI Designer Template Project, Apply KSP script from Instrument Editor.
  • CHANGED Minimum supported macOS version is now 10.13
  • ADDED The group source mode can now be set via Lua
  • IMPROVED The group source mode now defaults to DFD when pushed via Lua
  • ADDED The KSP script can now be pushed and pulled via Lua
  • ADDED New MIR Lua function findLoop
  • ADDED Hide value checkbox is now available in the Table UI widget parameters
  • ADDED A new GUI Designer template project
  • ADDED MIDI Export area number can now be set for labels in the GUI designer
  • IMPROVED Factory fonts now show the corresponding KSP number in the GUI Designer
  • FIXED XY Pad was missing the background picture property in the GUI Designer
  • FIXED When copy and pasting GUI widgets the pasted names would not remain case sensitive
  • FIXED Variable names starting with numbers are now allowed
  • FIXED Num Enter key now behaves the same as the return key
  • FIXED Wavetable widget now shows the correct icon
  • FIXED Window size and state were not recalled correctly on Windows
  • FIXED In certain cases options would be incorrectly greyed out when right clicking a GUI designer widget
  • FIXED Clicking anywhere in the GUI designer would register as a file change

Last edited:
OP
EvilDragon

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Previously you couldn't do anything with release velocity in KSP since it was inaccessible. Now you can. It directly influences the release velocity modulator in Kontakt's edit view, you can create release velocity curves, it's a pretty neat thing. Not necessarily just for volume, it can be for pitch or filter cutoff...

Don't confuse it with regular note on velocity. This is note off velocity - a different MIDI message.

Last edited:

planist

So now, all Piano instruments from the past 20 years which provide mechanical noises and release trigger noises can now be updated to fully imitate the actual behaviour of key mechanics. ;)

Paul Christof

Film & Game Composer
Nice quality updates and improvements, but man am I patiently waiting for some much needed improvements and optimizations of Quickload. When you close and reopen a Kontakt instance (not shutting down a session), Quickload searches through your database again, which means you have to wait for it to finish and makes the entire point of having a “Quickload” menu obsolete. I know most people don’t experience this, because they use the library tab to navigate and load their instruments, and I also know that Quickload wasn’t designed as an all-in-one encompassing library browser for all your samples, but it’s such a cool way of navigating through all your libraries, fast and efficiently. Dirk shed some light on the issue with the new template he’s selling, so hopefully one day my wishes might come true.

Dirk Ehlert

Dirk Ehlert
Nice quality updates and improvements, but man am I patiently waiting for some much needed improvements and optimizations of Quickload. When you close and reopen a Kontakt instance (not shutting down a session), Quickload searches through your database again, which means you have to wait for it to finish and makes the entire point of having a “Quickload” menu obsolete. I know most people don’t experience this, because they use the library tab to navigate and load their instruments, and I also know that Quickload wasn’t designed as an all-in-one encompassing library browser for all your samples, but it’s such a cool way of navigating through all your libraries, fast and efficiently. Dirk shed some light on the issue with the new template he’s selling, so hopefully one day my wishes might come true.
That’s the only pet peeve I have with my QuickLoad template as well, only solution so far is to keep one Kontakt instance open at the side

Paul Christof

Film & Game Composer
That’s the only pet peeve I have with my QuickLoad template as well, only solution so far is to keep one Kontakt instance open at the side
Yeah it’s a good solution, for the most part, but for it to work I had to sacrifice my beloved “Close All Plug-In Windows” shortcut in Cubase, and I’m still a bit upset about that lol. Sometimes I have so many plugins and effects open on screen, I need that command to clear everything in my view. Shame you can’t lock a plug-in window‘s state in Cubase.

Last edited:

rudi

Maybe NI could add a setting for Quickload to toggle between Auto (Default) > Off > Manual?

That way you could optionally switch it to "Off" when you know you haven't added any new entries, and do a "Manual" check when you have in order to refresh the database / cache (assuming that's what Kontakt does).

For most users the setting would be set to "Auto" by default and behave as it does presently.

OP
EvilDragon

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
It should just be smarter about when to scan for updates, or maybe the problem is that it's not cached on the hard drive, instead there's just a cache in memory so it requires doing it once, when you first instantiate Kontakt.

VladK

It feels really faster compared to 6.2.
Should we expect updated pdf manuals as well?
Downloadable KSP Reference Manual, for example, is still the old 6.2 one.

jcrosby

I patiently waiting for some much needed improvements and optimizations of Quickload. When you close and reopen a Kontakt instance (not shutting down a session), Quickload searches through your database again, which means you have to wait for it to finish and makes the entire point of having a “Quickload” menu obsolete. I know most people don’t experience this, because they use the library tab to navigate and load their instruments, and I also know that Quickload wasn’t designed as an all-in-one encompassing library browser for all your samples, but it’s such a cool way of navigating through all your libraries, fast and efficiently. Dirk shed some light on the issue with the new template he’s selling, so hopefully one day my wishes might come true.
Amen to that. Quickload is one of the only headaches I have with Kontakt. I really does need some attention. Even if using only QL libraries it's always been slow for me. I just don't see why they can't rewrite it to use a simple database..

OP
EvilDragon

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
just don't see why they can't rewrite it to use a simple database..

Scope of change, available dev resources, other priorities... among other things. That's not to say that it shouldn't be looked at, but there are way more pressing things on the horizon (ARM Macs, for example).

matthieuL

• FIXED With certain libraries Kontakt would cause the DAW timeline marker to stutter and lag

Hello EvilDragon,

I currently have huge lag in editing my tempo track in Cubase (10.5). I think it's due to a high number of Kontakt instruments tempo-sync (like Orchestral Tools ones) in my orchestral template, but can this fix in this update improve the situation or does it concern only few particular instruments ?
I use the latest Kontakt 5 release (can't use Kontakt 6 yet, due to a VEPro/eLicenser unsolved bug).
Thanks

OP
EvilDragon

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
This update was mainly focused on GUI-related slowdowns for instruments that have extremely elaborate GUIs (evident especially i.e. in Straylight in some DAWs), not tempo sync related things. However there has been a number of other optimizations, so who knows...

GtrString

Scope of change, available dev resources, other priorities... among other things. That's not to say that it shouldn't be looked at, but there are way more pressing things on the horizon (ARM Macs, for example).

How do you see the mc move to ARM? Any anticipated compatibility issues?

OP
EvilDragon

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Yeah it's gonna be quite some work, remember Kontakt and Reaktor are very old software, they aren't written with ARM in mind at all.

matthieuL

This update was mainly focused on GUI-related slowdowns for instruments that have extremely elaborate GUIs (evident especially i.e. in Straylight in some DAWs), not tempo sync related things. However there has been a number of other optimizations, so who knows...
Thanks for clarification !

Top Bottom