What's new

Kontakt load progression?

williemyers

hello again, all!
Here's a question I've posed over on the Kontakt BB, but really haven't gotten an answer to?
I'm using multiple instances of Kontakt5 in my DAW (Digital Performer). Each morning when I re-load a particular project, I never have any idea of how long (minutes) it's going to take to load all of the Kontakt instances. Some projects are using 4-5GB of samples, some are using 15-20GB.
I'm wondering if there's any kind of Mac utility that could show me a progress bar (or something similiar) to let me know roughly what the total load time is going to be?
I would *think* that as soon as K5 begins to load, it knows how much memory it's going to need - and it probably let's the Mac know that - - it's just not letting *me* know?
Or, is there something in K5 that I'm missing that would let me know?
Anyway, thanks for reading this and thanks for any thoughts

Or, is there something in K5 that I'm missing that would let me know?
Anyway, thanks for reading this and thanks for any thoughts

I really don't have an answer for you Willie but I do have to ask, are you loading your instruments in Sampler mode or DFD mode. If you're in Sampler mode then I think you can cut loading time and size down dramatically by going to DFD mode.

Also you can purge your samples as you go along and also cut things down considerably.

Sorry if I'm all wet here, it just seemed to me that the size of your loads were pretty high. :)

Top Bottom