What's new

Kontakt libraries tab - showing 'browse' instead of 'instruments'

rocking.xmas.man

Hi there!
I recently moved all my libraries from one drive to another. After relocating via Native Access those Libraries get recognized and shown in the libraries tab. But the button in the label of most of them shows 'browse' while just a few - If I remember correctly the ones Native Access did not find automatically via relocate all - show 'instruments' (some also the second button "multis")

So far that is no problem, but in the libraries showing the browse button the listed folder called 'instruments' simply wont open up in the libraries tab.

Did someone experience the same and might have a hint how to solve this issue?

Hi there!
I recently moved all my libraries from one drive to another. After relocating via Native Access those Libraries get recognized and shown in the libraries tab. But the button in the label of most of them shows 'browse' while just a few - If I remember correctly the ones Native Access did not find automatically via relocate all - show 'instruments' (some also the second button "multis")

So far that is no problem, but in the libraries showing the browse button the listed folder called 'instruments' simply wont open up in the libraries tab.

Did someone experience the same and might have a hint how to solve this issue?
yes, same thing. usually after an update. Batch resave did not fix the issue. It might just be a folder organization thing...patches still work just fine with browse.

for me kontakt is not opening the instruments folder shown after clicking the browse button though
so you click browse and no drop down? That I haven't experienced yet. But it's possible that the folder order got rearranged somehow. I'd take a look at other libraries that have instruments showing, and try and organize the folders of the BROWSE libraries like those.. try one and see if it changes anything. But that's weird if there isn't even a drop down.

folder structure actually is the same as in those libraries that work as expected. there comes a drop-down but only with one entry: "instruments" that wont open though

folder structure actually is the same as in those libraries that work as expected. there comes a drop-down but only with one entry: "instruments" that wont open though
sorry...not sure what the cause is...but I'd like to know myself so I can get rid of that browse

If it shows "Browse" instead of "Instruments", that means the path to the library is not the one in which you have the .nicnt file, but a level above that. In NA, see what the content folder is for that library, then open that path in Explorer/Finder, see if there's a .nicnt file in that path. If not, you will need to relocate the library again to the proper path that does contain the .nicnt file.

I don't mean to necro this thread, but I was having the same issue and I noticed that one of my libraries, which is one I used KLC to add to the library panel was showing as browse, which another I had done the same thing with was show as Instruments. When I looked at them, I noticed the one saying browse had the ncint and nki files in the root directory and the one saying instruments had the nki file in a separate folder names Instruments. I made an instruments folder and stuck the nki for the library that was showing browse, then reloaded kontakt and it now shows as Instruments instead of browse.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

I can be sure of one thing: if you have an Instruments folder under your library location, it will display Instruments, if it is not Instruments, for example: Instrument(not s), then it display be browse.
Hope this helps you solve your doubts.

Top Bottom