What's new

Kontakt, Faderport 16 hangs studio one 5

easyrider

Kontakt, Faderport 16 hangs studio one 5

Use any other VI and it works...Load up Kontakt and get system hangs and lag using Kontakt, studio one 5 and FP 16

OP
easyrider

easyrider

If this helps anyone.

I deleted the quick load library in kontakt and Studio one is now working as it should. No lag or crashes.

Nothing to do with the FP16 as I unplugged everything I could and launched the project.

If using Studio one with kontakt...Do not use the quick load feature in Kontakt!

widescreen

I have a similar problem with S1 Pro 5.2 and Kontakt. I deleted my Quickload folder, but it did not help.

When I open the Kontakt instance with the little keyboard icon it shows immediately. When I close it then, the window is gone immediately either. But in the inspector, the keyboard icon is still orange, not in the track view. And that lasts for 5-30 seconds, S1 not responding within that time. Task Manager says "Not Responding". After the varying waiting time, everything behaves as normal. If the project is playing while you do that, it cannot be stopped by my controllers (NI S61 MK2, Behringer X-Touch, NI Maschine Mikro Mk2), until it reacts again.
That behavior comes not every time I do that. It's about every 2-4 times working normally, then the hang appears. Very frustrating to avoid to open the instrument view. And much more frustrating when doing a 1000 track template or presets for all instruments. :thumbsdown:

No problem with Reaktor Ensembles, BBCSO, UVI Workstation or similar. Just Kontakt within or without Komplete Kontrol. Should I mention that most of my stuff is in Kontakt? ;)

It's not only on my main machine (i7 8700, 32GB RAM, 3 NVMe-SSDs), my notebook shows the same behavior (i7 8550, 16GB RAM, NVMe-SSD). So the peripherals/audio interface are out completely as I do not use any of my controllers there despite an NI M32.

Already opened cases with Presonus and NI but no solution or answer, yet. Anyone experienced the same?

Last edited:

widescreen

OK, solved that thanks to NI support! It was a network drive leading to a PC that's mostly off. Turning it on or deleting the network drive connection solved the hangs.
Had to do with background behavior of Kontakt.

I'd like to mention how both, NI and PreSonus, seriously tried to solve my problem. Their support is great!

OP
easyrider

easyrider

OK, solved that thanks to NI support! It was a network drive leading to a PC that's mostly off. Turning it on or deleting the network drive connection solved the hangs.
Had to do with background behavior of Kontakt.

I'd like to mention how both, NI and PreSonus, seriously tried to solve my problem. Their support is great!
Good to here...Mine was Quickload and the sheer size of it. :)

Top Bottom