What's new

Kontakt 7 won't load some libraries - error message "Your version of Kontakt is too old . . ."

JMTee

Hi all,

I'm getting the error message "Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file, which was saved with Kontakt v7.7.0.000. Please update to the latest version of Kontakt"

But Native Access confirms I'm on version 7.6.1 with no option to upgrade.

I tried the steps below to update the affected libraries (Ethereal Earth, Hybrid Keys, Analog Dreams), but the affected libraries still won't open in Kontakt.

I'm using Reaper as my DAW, please help!!! :)

https://community.native-instrument...braries-compatibility-with-k6-older-libraries Kontakt7_version_issue.JPG

I just looked in Native Access and the latest version of Kontakt is 7.8.1. I would just get your version upgraded and see what happens.

So a newer version of Kontakt can open an older version of a patch, but you'd think a 7.6.1 version could open a 7.7.0 patch since it's an incremental upgrade, but that's how NI rolls. Anyway, just always have the latest Kontakt installed and you'll be able to avoid at least these issues.

Let us know if that works!

Do you happen to use Native Access 1? I used that until I had to "upgrade" into v3 due to v1 not showing updates for several things anymore, including Kontakt 7. Moving from NA1 to NA3 solved the problem and the updates were available.

thanks I'm not sure which Native Access version I'm using, I'll try downloading the latest version from Native Instruments website and see if that helps
actually i see the version, I have Native Access 1.14.1

I have this exact issue as well, noticed it randomly a couple of days ago. Not sure when it happened, but I haven't done any updates in a while. My Kontakt is also at 7.6.1 and it happens with the Ethereal Earth, Hybrid Keys and Analog Dreams libraries. Hopefully they will make a fix soon!

I have this exact issue as well, noticed it randomly a couple of days ago. Not sure when it happened, but I haven't done any updates in a while. My Kontakt is also at 7.6.1 and it happens with the Ethereal Earth, Hybrid Keys and Analog Dreams libraries. Hopefully they will make a fix soon!
It was like those libraries were updated without you knowing it. Forced upgrades are bad in the DAW world for those professionals who never touch upgrades if they are working on a project.

thanks everyone! freak out averted :)
I updated my Native Access and there were updates waiting for me, including an update for Kontakt 7, I updated Kontakt and now the affected libraries will open in Kontakt 7 in Reaper.
I agree with the above comments regarding the forced nature of the updates, it took a lot of troubleshooting for me to figure this out and there was no notification from Native Instruments that the incompatibility was present. Thanks again! :)

Top Bottom