What's new

Kontakt 2.1 update available

My main problem with all these companies making their own VIs is it's going to put a cpu and ram strain to have all these different sampling products. Now with me using pretty much all kompakt/kontakt stuff, the straining is a lot less.

That's one reason I ditched giga 3 as one of my main tools other than the occasional sounds like for TrueStrike, as using that and kontakt 2 at the same computer is just too problematic from a performance angle.

My main problem with all these companies making their own VIs is it's going to put a cpu and ram strain to have all these different sampling products. Now with me using pretty much all kompakt/kontakt stuff, the straining is a lot less.

That's one reason I ditched giga 3 as one of my main tools other than the occasional sounds like for TrueStrike, as using that and kontakt 2 at the same computer is just too problematic from a performance angle.

I hear exactly what you're saying and I agree.

What developers I think are hoping for is that the majority of thier consumer base will then just decide on one library. Either you're going to be and EW man or a VSL man or what have you in the future.

Personally I'm not that worried about it as I'm mostly an EW man, but I fear the idea of having too many competing players on one machine in the future. What if there's some extention conflict or a DFD problem or something and you can't run EW's player with the new VSL VI.

The future may be that every library will have it's own set of machines. That's why I got hooked on K2. It's one easy enviroment. And I don't have to worry about this guys player or that guy's ecetera.

What I'm looking at these days are the smaller guys like Westgate and Art Vista. With the giants going in a locked format it's going to open the door for the smaller developers to develop competing products for K2 without the development cost of hiring teams to do in house players.

Already I know a young man on this board that had his money ready to buy the VSL VI--woodwinds. He then heard the westgate oboe and bought that instead and is waiting for the rest. Makes sense to me.

Jose

So far this is a great update. If you aren't using a download manager for this...get one. For Mac users, Speed Download was the only way I could get both the update and the Demo sounds. On my machine at idle in Logic 7.1.1 the interface show no CPU cycles. In version 2.0.x I would show small cycles just sitting there. So CPU usage seems better.

One recommendation...rebuild the database in K2 right away. It's slow loading samples until that is done then it speeds up tremendously.
This might be one cool update!
J :cool:

So far this is a great update. If you aren't using a download manager for this...get one. For Mac users, Speed Download was the only way I could get both the update and the Demo sounds. On my machine at idle in Logic 7.1.1 the interface show no CPU cycles. In version 2.0.x I would show small cycles just sitting there. So CPU usage seems better.

One recommendation...rebuild the database right away. It's slow loading until that is done then it speeds up tremendously.
This might be one cool update!
J :cool:

I'm rebuilding the database now after waiting hours to be able to download the update. I had to download it after 3 downloads failed in the middle at 2-5 kbps speeds! Finally on this last attempt that took 3-4 hours it downloaded without failing.

The site is still incredibly slow so I have not been able to get the Demo sounds update yet. What is in that update? Demos of what exactly?

Why would you have to rebuild the database? It took me two times. The first time I got booted off and the next time it picked up the download where it left off. Would this mean that I need to rebuild the database?

Jose

Not necessarily. I mean there's no correlation between rebuilding the database in K2 whether or not the download stopped/failed or had no problems. If you had a problem with the download you wouldn't be able to unzip the .zip file.

Rebuilding the database in K2 tends to expedite the loading of the samples/browsing your HD in K2.

Not necessarily. I mean there's no correlation between rebuilding the database in K2 whether or not the download stopped/failed or had no problems. If you had a problem with the download you wouldn't be able to unzip the .zip file.

Rebuilding the database in K2 tends to expedite the loading of the samples/browsing your HD in K2.

This is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. Rebuilding the Database in K2 expediates the loading of samples, not downloading the program. But a download manager is necessary for the NI site.
The demos are mostly sounds that show of the new skinning and some scripts. Mostly techno type stuff although there is a nice Mbira. If you are into orchestral only then the demos will not mean much.
What is cool is loading an instrument that has a special skin. It throws you at first when the GUI updates. Those with some Photoshop skills will be able to make their own special library skins to fit their custom libraries.

J

Well Ive gotten a couple of new passwords from them-but they dont work..

yarg!

EDIT: FInally got one that works-only took 24 hours to start DLing :wink:

Well, I still can't download the freaking thing. I even got a download manager and it says the server doesn't support resuming downloads. But last night it actually got about 98% there (after 4 resumes) before the 5th hiccup and since then it won't do a resume.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I give up. I just downloaded it, 100% came down, and the zip is damaged.

F this, man. I'll wait a week.

- Stefan

hey drop me a pm. i uploaded that fucking update on my server, because a buddy of mine also had problems. ... and it also took me two days to snatch it :)

I still can't download the demo instruments update even with FDM. It keeps stalling or reporting as incomplete 5 times now.

The one time after 4 hours of downloading, I was able to complete the download fully, only for it to be corrupted.

Also any FX Teleport users out there? I've heard some reports of people saying the new update doesn't work with FXT anymore? What's the real word on that? Anyone try it yet?

my offer is still actual. i have some bandwith left, but don't want to post the link officially in the forum. maybe hell breaks loose and somewhere in germany a server explodes :)

drop me a pm and i send you the link!
i was lucky and downloaded a full working and uncorrupted zip file :)

arg sorry, i missread the post, i just have the update on my server, not the instruments tho ... sorry

Well, I can confirm after testing, the problems with FX Teleport are indeed true. I tried loading a QLSO Gold XP patch and the K2 included vsl freebies, both sounded horrendously messed up/mono-ish.

Thanks Native Instruments! :x

I guess i'll have to go back to the old version with FXT machines or wait another 6 months for them to fix this bug. :roll:

Well, I can confirm after testing, the problems with FX Teleport are indeed true. I tried loading a QLSO Gold XP patch and the K2 included vsl freebies, both sounded horrendously messed up/mono-ish.

Thanks Native Instruments! :x

I guess i'll have to go back to the old version with FXT machines or wait another 6 months for them to fix this bug. :roll:

NI isn't going to give a damn about FXT. It's the guy over at FXMaxx that's going to have to fix this.

I say we all blitz his email with the intention of getting him to fix it right away. In the meatime all FX machines stay with 2.0.2.

Jose

Btw here some bugs already in the 2.1 update.

Vst Host "Cubase SE" and Standalone mode doesn't sound the same here, same bug as the Fx teleport one.

Another one is that in some instance there is drop of notes. I found it in Standalone mode but didn't try it yet in Hosted mode due to the first bug that keep me off recording with it.

Anyone has the same problems?

I may be wrong but I don't think a VST host can be used as a VSTI itself.
No, it's a VST and can be Teleported the same way as most other VST. Don't forget that FXT wasn't invented to work with sample players, it just happens that it is a great way to work. You may find some useful information
https://www.fx-max.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=915 (here.)

D

Top Bottom