What's new

Komplete Kontrol for ANY controller?

At the moment, nothing! I did a quick test by assigning a couple of controls on my M-Audio keys. Worked just fine. Now I want the Komplete Kontrol 32... :)

Ah ok, cool. So no controller needed? It’s all software based? I gotta try it.

Yep. Using it with an old XP-30

Now I had Komplete Kontrol in my account from a long time ago, but don't use it because I don't have their controllers, is the Komplete Start a totally different software?

I have no idea. I only installed Komplete Kontrol from the package, because that's all I was really interested in.

I wanted to see how the librarian/NKS functionality works. Fortunately I have a few NKS compatible libraries to test it out on.

I also have Akai VIP 3, which I have been using for a couple of months now. I want to see which interface I prefer, as well as which one has better compatibilty with all the software I use. And which one is more stable too, ofc.

I have no idea. I only installed Komplete Kontrol from the package, because that's all I was really interested in.

I wanted to see how the librarian/NKS functionality works. Fortunately I have a few NKS compatible libraries to test it out on.

I also have Akai VIP 3, which I have been using for a couple of months now. I want to see which method/interface I prefer, as well as which one has better compatibilty with all the software I use.

I downloaded the Komplete Kontrol from the NA app, where does it go to open?

You can run it in standalone or VST. So I installed the standalone on my C: drive and the VST on my S: drive.

I've only tried it standalone so far though.

You can run it in standalone or VST. So I installed the standalone on my C: drive and the VST on my S: drive.

I've only tried it standalone so far though.

Gonna try and locate it. It's coming up under my instruments tab within pro tools. But need to see if the Komplete Start is a different software. Thanks for the help.

Komplete Start is a free collection of stuff, you'll find them in Native Access to download :)

But is it different than Komplete Kontrol if you have that already? I never used it because I don't have any of NIs controllers...I did years ago.

Yes, open NI Access after you've clicked the "Get Komplete Start" button on the website. Start is 10 or so instruments/FX that you can use in anything. Kontrol is where you can load them all.

Yes, open NI Access after you've clicked the "Get Komplete Start" button on the website. Start is 10 or so instruments/FX that you can use in anything. Kontrol is where you can load them all, it's like a

But if I have Ultimate 11, do I really need free sounds? Gonna check this thing out a bit more.

But if I have Ultimate 11, do I really need free sounds? Gonna check this thing out a bit more.
Well, there's 1500 loops/samples from the expansions range. included..
Get yourself a free sounds.com trial account. You can download sounds straight to Komplete Kontrol, all nicely tagged and ready for use. Plus, the new "sampler" in KK is kind of useful for quick shots.

Well, there's 1500 loops/samples from the expansions range. included..
Get yourself a free sounds.com trial account. You can download sounds straight to Komplete Kontrol, all nicely tagged and ready for use. Plus, the new "sampler" in KK is kind of useful for quick shots.

Will do then, thanks.

For the record, Komplete Kontrol has always "worked" with a computer keyboard and mouse. You can audition sounds using the arrow keys, change parameters using your mouse, etc. This new version of KK adds a LOT to this functionality by letting you use MIDI learn the knobs and the buttons. (You do this by clicking the button that says MIDI at the top)

Still, there's no way to get the full benefit of Komplete Kontrol without an NI keyboard because there is two-way communication between the software and the keyboard. You can see what you're doing on your NI keyboard, and you can't get that with MIDI learn.

To use Komplete Kontrol with the knobs on another controller, you'll need to click the knob icon on the top. That's the only way you can see the parameters that people with NI controllers see on their keyboards. And you'll be able to see general descriptions for the other pages. Even though I have a KK controller, I find having this on top to be useful to move quickly through instruments that have a lot of pages.

Komplete-Kontrol.jpg

It's a great bit of software. I just wish that it could be resized vertically. Is there any technical reason why this can't be done? I end up collapsing the tag browsers just to claw back some vertical space.

Top Bottom