What's new

Keyboard action regulation script

pocoapoco

I've written a script to regulate a keyboard's action so that all of the notes will play with more or less even velocities. I primarily just play a piano instrument through Knotakt and it's just a hobby for me. I have a fairly high dollar keyboard (It's actually a Roland a90-ex with a custum fitted action by me from a studio logic numa nero) and was fairly shocked when I studied things just how far off the action was. So I wrote this script. This rather giant script in Kontakt 5 to fix this. It appears to work quite well after some testing. It took me a couple of weeks to write , but I don't have any problem with just distributing it freely. So here it is as a text file. Just copy and paste the text into Kontakt's script editor window and hit the apply button.
Definitely leave me some comments if you use it. I'd like to know how useful other people find it.
Instructions on how to use the script are written into the script itself.
Hit the "help" button.

Attachments

• regulation.txt.zip
    10 KB · Views: 15
Wow, thanks a lot. Haven't had the time to try it yet, but I will eventually.

It's meant to even out the velocity curves from note to note on a keyboard so that any key hit at the same force will be interpreted the same by the keyboard. Like I said even on high dollar keyboards things can be quite far off. If you've had a keyboard for a while and notice that you have to clobber some notes to get a decent voulme out of them or find it nearly impossible to play other nots at pianissimo then this script attempts to fix that. It's not an automatic adjustment there is some work involved and a tool/implement that you'll need to find or fabricate, but I've had decent results with it.

Top Bottom