What's new

Justice League

Interesting that Warner Bros Pictures did not post the trailer on their main youtube channel with 9.5 million subscribers (even though they are credited in the trailer itself), it was only on HBO Max channel with merely 500k subs, yet it still broke viewing records. :grin: So glad people are interested in Snyder's DC films, I love them.
Shame Warner Bros also botched the distribution up. Hope someone from HBO/WarnerMedia helps with that. But they have only a month until the premiere.

4 hrs of what? The film is going to be 4hrs?
:laugh: Yes, a 4 hour long Justice League film from Zack Snyder. :inlove: Scored solely but @Real JXL :)

when that bass riff kicks in. and the theme. wow. can't wait to hear the rest and have it against the picture.

More important to me, nothing hurts more than seeing an artists' work locked away and the key chucked by some executives.

Glad Junkie's work will get to see the light of day.
Can you explain all this “Snyder cut” business? I literally never followed any of it and at the time just watched B vs S. I see some people constantly going on about a Snyder Cut? Also, why would JXL’s music be locked away if he is about to have this film released which is his music? And surely new music right?

Can you explain all this “Snyder cut” business? I literally never followed any of it and at the time just watched B vs S. I see some people constantly going on about a Snyder Cut? Also, why would JXL’s music be locked away if he is about to have this film released which is his music? And surely new music right?
You must be joking, but if not, the short story would be that Snyder stepped down from Justice League following the death of his daughter. Josh Weddon was brought in to finalize the cut. But once he stepped in, he fired the composer (Junkie XL) and replaced him by Danny Elfman, then went to reshoot a big chunk of the movie and delivered the mess we all know now, including the mustache gate. So a bunch of people started to ask for the Snyder cut, and Snyder himself kept teasing his own, different, version for months, which amplified the buzz for the Snyder cut, and with WB needing a big stunt to attract people in HBO Max, a new streaming service they launched a year ago, they decided to give it a shot and allow Snyder to finalize the movie, according to his original vision.

I for one, am very curious to see that take as the one we got 4 years ago left me with a hugh meh, and I really wasn't a fan of Elfman approach of dropping all the MOS / BvS themes for the 70' superman and his own batman theme...didn't fit the movie for me. But more over, I'm glad a studio kind of listened to customers, and also gave creativity freedom to its director, which seems to be quite an achievement these days.

You must be joking, but if not, the short story would be that Snyder stepped down from Justice League following the death of his daughter. Josh Weddon was brought in to finalize the cut. But once he stepped in, he fired the composer (Junkie XL) and replaced him by Danny Elfman, then went to reshoot a big chunk of the movie and delivered the mess we all know now, including the mustache gate. So a bunch of people started to ask for the Snyder cut, and Snyder himself kept teasing his own, different, version for months, which amplified the buzz for the Snyder cut, and with WB needing a big stunt to attract people in HBO Max, a new streaming service they launched a year ago, they decided to give it a shot and allow Snyder to finalize the movie, according to his original vision.

I for one, am very curious to see that take as the one we got 4 years ago left me with a hugh meh, and I really wasn't a fan of Elfman approach of dropping all the MOS / BvS themes for the 70' superman and his own batman theme...didn't fit the movie for me. But more over, I'm glad a studio kind of listened to customers, and also gave creativity freedom to its director, which seems to be quite an achievement these days.
Oh right yeah. I remember all this now. I vaguely remember the score and I thought his use of the Burton Batman theme just felt odd. It’s from a different universe. Yeah ok, I understand now. Well I look forward to seeing it.

The irony here is that I didn't watch justice league, so I'm going to go into the snyder cut completely fresh.
I wish I could say the same!

and with WB needing a big stunt to attract people in HBO Max, a new streaming service they launched a year ago, they decided to give it a shot and allow Snyder to finalize the movie, according to his original vision.
Actually, Warner Bros were forced to call Snyder to finish the film by WarnerMedia and AT&T who own WB.

WB wanted to bury SnyderCut for good because some high level producers from WB were the ones who ousted Snyder out (the unfortunate death of his daugther was the final straw) and who brought Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns there to "finish Snyder's vision", what we now know was a blatant lie. They basically wanted to destroy all the major connections to Snyder's previous work and wanted to disneyfy the whole thing, make it way more campy and "funny", and way less gritty and dramatic.

That thankfully severely backfired, because the film was just a stupid meh forgettable cartoony comicbook flick, with Whedon's cringy "humor", utterly stupid dialogue ("thristy" and "inchy", jeeeeeeeeez, that was such an utter crap), and his TV-level crappy visuals and production, because they reshot like 80% of the film.

Plus there were reports Whedon and Johns were abusive towards the cast and some of those WB producers were trying to sweep all of that under the rug. (They even made some fake announcements!!! to cover the news up, when some media started to report on that. About Jason Momoa doing an animated flick and such things, that were totally fabricated.) Just a shitty situation overall.

And to this day it seems WB are not happy about the whole situation of SnyderCut being back. There's a WB logo on the SnyderCut trailer, yet they did not upload it on their 9.5 million subs youtube channel to promote it, while they upload all the other DC films trailers there, and they really botched up the international distribution, so the film will make way less money than it could...
Plus Warner Bros released another Godzilla vs Kong trailer the same evening the SnyderCut trailer dropped, which is rather weird...

These WB producers are the worst. They didn't want to greenlight Joker, which has become the most profitable comicbook film of all times and which was way more interesting than all the run-of-the-mill comicbook flicks we are getting these days. They brought Whedon to disneyfy the DC universe... like... WTF? Get the F**K out of your offices right now!!! I really hope they get replaced.

It's funny that SnyderCut trailer, uploaded on a 500k subs HBO Max youtube channel, made the same numbers in 24 hours as all the huge movie trailers on that 9.5 million subs WB channel.
There's definitely an audience for that film, contrary to what the WB producers are trying to sell to the press, like it's a "cul-de-sac" with no future, while it's the most popular WB/DC property since... ever. What a situation...

Even that Reeves/Pattinson Batman film is an attempt to undermine Snyder's DC. The Batman was supposed to be Ben Affleck's film (Snyder's Batman). Affleck wrote the script and Jay Oliva (The Dark Knight Returns director) said it was the best Batman story he's ever read. But WB sent Geoff Johns to Affleck, to "help him with the script"... soon after that, Ben Affleck left the project. And thus WB were free to cast a new Batman, that has nothing to do with Snyder.

But... here we are. Snyder got more than $70m to finish his film, and he brought Affleck back to make some additional photography.

So, who knows what the future holds, but we for sure now have that 4 hour epic awesomeness to watch next month! :)

Last edited:
I wish I could say the same!

Actually, Warner Bros were forced to call Snyder to finish the film by WarnerMedia and AT&T who own WB.

WB wanted to bury SnyderCut for good because some high level producers from WB were the ones who ousted Snyder out (the unfortunate death of his daugther was the final straw) and who brought Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns there to "finish Snyder's vision", what we now know was a blatant lie. They basically wanted to destroy all the major connections to Snyder's previous work and wanted to disneyfy the whole thing, make it way more campy and "funny", and way less gritty and dramatic.

That thankfully severely backfired, because the film was just a stupid meh forgettable cartoony comicbook flick, with Whedon's cringy "humor", utterly stupid dialogue ("thristy" and "inchy", jeeeeeeeeez, that was such an utter crap), and his TV-level crappy visuals and production, because they reshot like 80% of the film.

Plus there were reports Whedon and Johns were abusive towards the cast and some of those WB producers were trying to sweep all of that under the rug. (They even made some fake announcements!!! to cover the news up, when some media started to report on that. About Jason Momoa doing an animated flick and such things, that were totally fabricated.) Just a shitty situation overall.

And to this day it seems WB are not happy about the whole situation of SnyderCut being back. There's a WB logo on the SnyderCut trailer, yet they did not upload it on their 9.5 million subs youtube channel to promote it, while they upload all the other DC films trailers there, and they really botched up the international distribution, so the film will make way less money than it could...
Plus Warner Bros released another Godzilla vs Kong trailer the same evening the SnyderCut trailer dropped, which is rather weird...

These WB producers are the worst. They didn't want to greenlight Joker, which has become the most profitable comicbook film of all times and which was way more interesting than all the run-of-the-mill comicbook flicks we are getting these days. They brought Whedon to disneyfy the DC universe... like... WTF? Get the F**K out of your offices right now!!! I really hope they get replaced.

It's funny that SnyderCut trailer, uploaded on a 500k subs HBO Max youtube channel, made the same numbers in 24 hours as all the huge movie trailers on that 9.5 million subs WB channel.
There's definitely an audience for that film, contrary to what the WB producers are trying to sell to the press, like it's a "cul-de-sac" with no future, while it's the most popular WB/DC property since... ever. What a situation...

Even that Reeves/Pattinson Batman film is an attempt to undermine Snyder's DC. The Batman was supposed to be Ben Affleck's film (Snyder's Batman). Affleck wrote the script and Jay Oliva (The Dark Knight Returns director) said it was the best Batman story he's ever read. But WB sent Geoff Johns to Affleck, to "help him with the script"... soon after that, Ben Affleck left the project. And thus WB were free to cast a new Batman, that has nothing to do with Snyder.

But... here we are. Snyder got more than $70m to finish his film, and he brought Affleck back to make some additional photography.

So, who knows what the future holds, but we for sure now have that 4 hour epic awesomeness to watch next month! :)
I sincerely hope it’s worth 4 hours. Gandhi was the last film I saw near that length that was worth it, and that was only 3 hours. 😄 Filling the time with extra slow motion shots is not going to do it. He’s going to need some serious plot twists and turns, and I’ve never seen Snyder pull that off. But the first cut could have used more setup, more of the group getting together, and what they have to go through to stay together. So hopefully he’s got a lot more story for us, and a lot less “jokes” that fall flat.

Perhaps you could give us a review before I see it. Save me 4 hours if it is, again, another long winded “meh”. 😄

What's the length of the upcoming soundtrack?

I sincerely hope it’s worth 4 hours. Gandhi was the last film I saw near that length that was worth it, and that was only 3 hours. 😄 Filling the time with extra slow motion shots is not going to do it. He’s going to need some serious plot twists and turns, and I’ve never seen Snyder pull that off. But the first cut could have used more setup, more of the group getting together, and what they have to go through to stay together. So hopefully he’s got a lot more story for us, and a lot less “jokes” that fall flat.

Perhaps you could give us a review before I see it. Save me 4 hours if it is, again, another long winded “meh”. 😄
I loved Snyder's Man of Steel and Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, so you'll need to take that into account when reading my review. :grin:

And the long version of Watchmen is rad as well, so I can't wait for another long Snyder film. If it's as great as usual, it will be like an epic badass sci-fi Lord of the Rings! :inlove:

What's the length of the upcoming soundtrack?
Dunno. Maybe there will be more editions of the soundtrack considering how long the film is.

I loved Snyder's Man of Steel and Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, so you'll need to take that into account when reading my review. :grin:

And the long version of Watchmen is rad as well, so I can't wait for another long Snyder film. If it's as great as usual, it will be like an epic badass sci-fi Lord of the Rings! :inlove:

Dunno. Maybe there will be more editions of the soundtrack considering how long the film is.
The ultimate edition was waaaayyyy better than the theatrical cut. I’m a fan of Snyder for sure. MoS is one of my all time favorite movies. And that Junkie XL song is incredible btw! Usually not a fan of that style song, but I’ve been listening to it on repeat.

If you have an open mind, the depth of Snyder’s stories are incredible. It is the Powers that be that try to censor his stories... that is what it is really about. He presents really deep stories in a way for the masses to injest... but the execs don’t want that, so they handicap His theatrical releases. Sucker Punch is a good example. The directors cut tells an entirely different story than the theatrical cut. And, if you truly understand the depth and spiritual meaning he has throughout the film, it really is a “sucker punch” to those that think it is a chauvinistic video game type of a movie. That particular story is a piece of art that 99% of the world won’t get. Kinda like how Dante published his works as a “Divine Comedy” to escape persecution of heresy.

Top Bottom