What's new

Junkie XL Brass? - Staypuft "demo" spinoff

I think Spitfire is one of, if not, the MOST involved developer in the composing community. They've set the bar in my opinion. Just look at how many tutorial videos they have been posting over the years, not to mention all the free instruments they give out with LABS. To insinuate they aren't listening to feedback just because they don't respond in a third-party forum (especially given much of that feedback was not given particularly politely) seems to be the type of mindset that allowed Staypuft to flourish in the first place. This is not a support forum and this is not the official feedback channel either - I'm sure Paul / Christian have a ton of things to do as well. Of course they listen - see how fast they addressed the initial player performance issues? They just took the feedback for Hans Zimmer Strings and released a 60GB free update. There was an issue with Chamber Strings performance legato that was brought up in the forum and they released an update to fix it very quickly. Maybe going forward they'll hire a community liaison to respond, though that can be tricky and can go horribly wrong (see EastWest).

Also, just for factual completeness, OT is not answering a number of repeated questions in the JXL thread.

You should speak to @Mike Greene if he could hand you staypufts email-adress.
Everything you wrote in your lengthly reply should be a PM. why do you post it here? if you'd know paul in person, would at least have worded it differently. I know that you are a knowledgable person and a good poster on VIC but this was unnecessary. You need to give real people from companies space. Otherwise, we all will end up with marketing people and marketing answers.

It leaves a shady suspicion that his trolling (which indirectly praised this library) could be related to OT.

??? WTF

Last edited:
Everything you wrote in your lengthly reply should be a PM. why do you post it here?

The posting i replied to wasn't a PM either.
It's the basic principle of statement and answer, and if there are different aspects we should discuss them.
After all, it's the "Forum suggestions and complaints" section.

Sorry, but with this incomplete quotation you cross the line to defamation.

I wrote:

And this is exactly what makes Staypuft's action even much more unfair. It leaves a shady suspicion that his trolling (which indirectly praised this library) could be related to OT.
To avoid getting confronted with new accusations by persons who are keen to misunderstand postings: of course i'm in no way suggesting that OT could have something to do with the whole charade. As written, i suspect the reason behind are mental problems.

You can't leave it away, because i wrote it exactly to prevent that defamation that you just did.

Last edited:
Sorry, but with this incomplete quotation you cross the line.
I didn't quote everything because it was already there. Why don't you just explain what you mean instead of saying that something is "shady"?

I realize that you're sitting there and you will defend until the sun rises again. Enjoy.

Yeah, I vehemently disagree with trying to get someone’s private email from a third party forum in order to look up on your company’s database if they’ve paid for a library. What kind of CIA nonsense is that? This isn’t some witch-hunt. SA aren’t the police. There are Data Protection laws in place for a reason.

I’m not sure where that gets you anyway even if you could prove he bought BBCSO.

Hello...This is the REAL Paul Cassidy here! I only got tipped off about this today. I wasn't even a member of VI-Control until I found out about this. This Staypuft clown originally started this nonsense by lifting MY BBCSO demo from my Soundcloud page and claiming it as his own. It shows my name "Paul Cassidy Orchestrations" and my SC page. I just want to let you guys know that Staypuft and Paul Cassidy are not the same person! This fool is ruining my already shaky reputation!
Sorry to hear that man. If that happened to me I’d be devastated. Glad you found out and this was brought out into the open.

Welcome to the forum and I hope this doesn’t put you off from contributing.

Yeah, I vehemently disagree with trying to get someone’s private email from a third party forum in order to look up on your company’s database if they’ve paid for a library. What kind of CIA nonsense is that? This isn’t some witch-hunt. SA aren’t the police. There are Data Protection laws in place for a reason.

I’m not sure where that gets you anyway even if you could prove he bought BBCSO.

I 100% agree, there’s gotta be some privacy law against that very notion.

that's the part I care about not mockup gate

Agreed. For the record, neither we nor Spitfire have ever suggested doing anything like this.

yes this is a real problem for us devs - it’s so hard to see someone clearly lying or with a massively hidden agenda when they are trashing your products and not really be able to call them out on it!

it happens annoyingly often, which I guess is why so many devs abandon fora.

It must be exhausting. Your libraries are some of the best ever released. I will always recommend them and praise them to people if they are looking for something that I think SA would be a good fit for them. The internet has given an unearned and unpoliced Microphone to, well, everyone with a connection. It’s the easiest gig anyone can perform.

Top Bottom