What's new

John Hopkins - Singularity

DS_Joost

One day I'll fly away!
So, today I've come to know John Hopkins, apparently the keyboardist for Imogen Heap before starting on his solo career. Never heard of the guy before, but got this album recommended by someone on Reddit. For those who love electronica, this album is absolutely incredible. Give it a spin and tell me what you think:

Yes, a new Jon Hopkins album! Immunity and the accompanying Asleep Versions are wonderful, and his film scores (Monsters and How I Live Now) are gems as well. Insides is a bit hit and miss for me, but Light Through The Veins is an amazing track.

Love the music from Jon Hopkins. His albums are brilliant and looking forward to hearing the new album. His scores for Monsters and How I Live Now are sublime.

Purchased tickets to see him live in Glasgow later this year. A true talent!

Some of my favourite tracks below...

Jon Hopkins is my most favorite ambient esp score on How I Live Now. I listen it very often.

He's very good. Discovered Singularity through the video and back traced from there. Light Through the Veins is great. Late Night Tales is a super album as well.

I still prefer his earliest albums, Contact Note and Opalescent, but I consider Jon Hopkins one of the most meticulous producers of electronic music out there, right alongside Magnus Birgersson aka Solar Fields.

Anyone seeing his live show is in for a treat. I caught him on the Immunity tour and it was mind melting.

I"m glad people got back to this thread again. Singularity ended up being my second favourite album of the year, only beaten by:

Singularity is much more experimental, much more open in sound design, and I love it, but this album by Chicane (one of the artists who form much of my inspiration)... it just hit the right emotional notes at this point in my life.

I've actually got something to tell, something I wanna share, but I don't know if I should. It's become a part of me, but at the same time I don't know if people will be accepting of it...

Top Bottom