What's new

IZotope release Ozone 9 - get it with up to 50% off!

As someone who skipped upgrading anything from my Music Production Suite 1, I think the upgrade to MPS 3 for $249 (for a new version of literally everything, plus Melodyne, R4, and Nimbus) feels just about right. :thumbsup:

I picked up the free elements module during the recent giveway and it seems neat. Looks like I can upgrade that to MPS3 for 339 - Any thoughts on if it's worth it? It seems like it would replace most of the different plugins I have. There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding this collection but is the quality/workflow actually better than using a mix of stock/waves/fabfilter etc?

I picked up the free elements module during the recent giveway and it seems neat. Looks like I can upgrade that to MPS3 for 339 - Any thoughts on if it's worth it? It seems like it would replace most of the different plugins I have. There seems to be a lot of hype surrounding this collection but is the quality/workflow actually better than using a mix of stock/waves/fabfilter etc?
For someone new-ish to mixing and mastering then yes, it definitely speeds up workflow and is intuitive to use. To those who are more experienced who are used to mixing over the years then maybe not.
Izotope's stuff tends to be a little more CPU heavy than Fabfilters etc, although Neutron3 and Ozone9 have improved slightly in that area.
Nectar3 is a touch more of a CPU hog, and Sculptor is heavy on the CPU.
All that to say that if you have an underpowered machine you might consider that fact.

For someone new-ish to mixing and mastering then yes, it definitely speeds up workflow and is intuitive to use. To those who are more experienced who are used to mixing over the years then maybe not.
Izotope's stuff tends to be a little more CPU heavy than Fabfilters etc, although Neutron3 and Ozone9 have improved slightly in that area.
Nectar3 is a touch more of a CPU hog, and Sculptor is heavy on the CPU.
All that to say that if you have an underpowered machine you might consider that fact.
Thanks for your note. I have a fairly decent machine. I'm not very new to the process but I'm also not the best at it. I'm definitely stronger with songwriting/ideas and have been working hard to improve on the technical side of things but still lacking a bit for sure. I don't have the full fabfilter suite, just the EQ and a real mix of other plugins which works but perhaps this suite might be a better fit/workflow.

I'm not very new to the process but I'm also not the best at it.
Then I'd strongly consider it. What Izotope is good at is giving you a lot of presets and going through these can give you a good starting point and save time. Nectar3 has been really good for me in that area for example. And some of the Producer presets in Ozone, e.g. Greg Calbi ones have given me a good springboard and have been suitable for more orchestral-leaning stuff.

9.0.2 (win 10) update crashes everytime (exactly like 9.0.0 that was fixed in 9.0.1) What is going on over there at Izotope??? Do they beta test this stuff before they release????

9.0.2 (win 10) update crashes everytime (exactly like 9.0.0 that was fixed in 9.0.1) What is going on over there at Izotope??? Do they beta test this stuff before they release????
Thx for the information. I am considering to purchase the bundle in BF day. Do you have new update? is it still crashing?

What's up all.

Just signed up here for all the good deals and advice.

On this, just got an email that upgrades all products for $199

at Plugin Boutique. Not even my Izotope account has that offer. Good thru 31Dec is what mine states.

Top Bottom