What's new

Is eDNA Earth dramatically better than eDNA in Ablion One ?

X-Bassist

Also, I just found out that, if you have the full version of Kontakt you can even load in your own samples.
I don’t think this is true. Although I don’t have it to check. Hybrid Two’s Chaos is the only engine for Kontakt I know of that you can load your own samples without going under the hood in Kontakt (pretty big deal, came out last year). Navigating the hundreds of groups and sample sets on this to make your own would be difficult at best, and that’s IF the script is designed for this.

But please let me know if I am wrong (a ref page or manual page?). This would change my view of this instrument greatly if it were true.

Edit: after watching the walkthrough again, I really wish they would release and update with a blown up interface. The interface they have is so cool, but soooo tiny. There are just too many controls jammed into that small space.

If they kept the look but blew it up by 50% or more on a bigger Kontakt interface (Kontakt 5.6 or newer), it would be a lot more useful and you would have more precise control over the tiny sliders.

Last edited:
OP
ManicMiner

ManicMiner

in the Skylab landing bay
But please let me know if I am wrong (a ref page or manual page?).
This is what I got from their tech support:
"there is also a sub folder called "construction kits", which will allow you to go into the back end of Kontakt and place your own samples. This does require a copy of Kontakt Full though. "

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
This is what I got from their tech support:
"there is also a sub folder called "construction kits", which will allow you to go into the back end of Kontakt and place your own samples. This does require a copy of Kontakt Full though. "
This makes Edna Earth a little more interesting. It's been on my Wishlist for a while, but I've always stopped before pulling the trigger.

jtnyc

Edit: after watching the walkthrough again, I really wish they would release and update with a blown up interface. The interface they have is so cool, but soooo tiny. There are just too many controls jammed into that small space.
I completely agree -- crowded and tiny. I rarely ever actually use the "engine". It's just too small and dense to ever feel comfortable navigating. I just use some of the presets. Also I'm not convinced that the interface is all that cool. The gate sequencer doesn't function with nearly as much ease or flexibility as ones by Heavyocity or In Session Audio. And all of the other controls are just so small and cumbersome. Not unlike the Ostinatum.

I don't own Earth, but I do have AOne and Tundra EDNA. While there are a bunch of great sounds in there, many of them sound so similar to one another I found it off putting navigating through it all. I eventually made a favorites folder in Quickload which helped a lot and I do love those sounds. I have looked at Earth a few times, but always came away kinda underwhelmed and being that I don't like interface, never bit.

dzilizzi

I just hang around pretending I know something
Wish list Christmas discounts are 40%, right? Its never got lower than 40% I believe.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
40% with a few lower ones. Usually the 30% on the bundles gets you a slightly more than 40% off on the individual items. And they sometimes have a 50% off special, usually on the Albions.

Top Bottom