What's new

Instrument is authorized and installed in Native Access, but does not appear or run in Kontakt

ScarletJerry

I've never had this problem before. I just purchased, downloaded, and installed Albion II Loegria and successfully authorized it in Native Access. It appears there, and says that it is installed.

When I launch Kontakt 6 and 7, it does not appear in the list of instruments. When I drag one of the Loegria instruments into the Kontakt window, it appears, but says that it's in demo mode. All of my other library work fine. I'm running Mac Ventura on my laptop and my desktop, and I am having this problem on both computers. Basically NA says that it is installed and authorized, but Kontakt does not recognize that.

Scarlet Jerry

I've never had this problem before. I just purchased, downloaded, and installed Albion II Loegria and successfully authorized it in Native Access. It appears there, and says that it is installed.

When I launch Kontakt 6 and 7, it does not appear in the list of instruments. When I drag one of the Loegria instruments into the Kontakt window, it appears, but says that it's in demo mode. All of my other library work fine. I'm running Mac Ventura on my laptop and my desktop, and I am having this problem on both computers. Basically NA says that it is installed and authorized, but Kontakt does not recognize that.

Scarlet Jerry
I had a similar problem with trying to open libraries in Kontakt 5 and the libraries showing in demo mode. (It stemmed from opening old projects that had instances of Kontakt 5.) But it was resolved by opening the libraries in Kontakt 6 (or K7). I'm not at my computer right now so I can't check if I'm having an issue with Loegria.

I had a similar problem with trying to open libraries in Kontakt 5 and the libraries showing in demo mode. (It stemmed from opening old projects that had instances of Kontakt 5.) But it was resolved by opening the libraries in Kontakt 6 (or K7). I'm not at my computer right now so I can't check if I'm having an issue with Loegria.
Thanks, but I am definitely opening the Loegria in Kontakt 6 & 7. I also just reinstalled another library and it worked fine. I am having this same issue on two different computers. I have a background in tech, so it's really frustrating because I tried moving the library to a different folder and uninstalling it and installing it via Native Access. It's definitely a communications issue between Native Access and Kontakt.

Thanks, but I am definitely opening the Loegria in Kontakt 6 & 7. I also just reinstalled another library and it worked fine. I am having this same issue on two different computers. I have a background in tech, so it's really frustrating because I tried moving the library to a different folder and uninstalling it and installing it via Native Access. It's definitely a communications issue between Native Access and Kontakt.
This Kontakt 5 demo issue is also new, so it's possible that they are related. I also had an issue a couple of weeks ago with Kontakt 6 and 7 opening in demo mode with any library, even player libraries (despite Native Access showing the Kontakts as authorized), and that required deleting a Native Access xml file to fix.

Yes, I read about the xml file issue and did that on my laptop. It didn’t resolve the problem. I appreciate you trying to help me though!

I had this problem yesterday.
PC Windows 11.
Uninstall Native Access AND Native Instrument NTKDaemon.
Download Access from NI and install it.

This should solve the problem.

I had this problem yesterday.
PC Windows 11.
Uninstall Native Access AND Native Instrument NTKDaemon.
Download Access from NI and install it.

This should solve the problem.
Thanks for the suggestions. I installed NA and reinstalled it, but that didn’t work. I'm on a Mac, so I don't know where the NTKDaemon lives or what would be its equivalent. What’s interesting is that Albion Legacy shows up in Kontakt 6 but not 7 (I bought that library a while ago, and I’m not sure if it appeared in K7 prior to today). This makes me believe that Spitfire is involved in this too perhaps? It’s frustrating because the library is installed in NA - it just won’t show up in Kontakt.

Thank you @ScarletJerry for the valuable information – I have the exact same problem with getting the newly bought Spitfire Albion II Loegria to work in Kontakt after successfully authorizing it in Native Access.

I have tried in both Kontakt 5 (Full), Kontakt 6 (Full), and Kontakt 7 (Full) to no avail – all my other Kontakt libraries from both Spitfire Audio and many other developers work fine both in Kontakt standalone and in Cubase Pro 13 on Windows 10 Pro.

Today I have tried a lot of things to get Spitfire Albion II Loegria to work including following all the guides on Native Instrument’s support pages.

Early this morning Central European Time I opened a support case with Spitfire Audio but I have not heard back from them yet.

I will try to downgrade Native Access to see if it solves the problem. However, the latest versions of Native Access have this annoying habit of updating it self on startup at least on Windows, so the downgrade will only be temporary.

Thank you @ScarletJerry for the valuable information – I have the exact same problem with getting the newly bought Spitfire Albion II Loegria to work in Kontakt after successfully authorizing it in Native Access.

I have tried in both Kontakt 5 (Full), Kontakt 6 (Full), and Kontakt 7 (Full) to no avail – all my other Kontakt libraries from both Spitfire Audio and many other developers work fine both in Kontakt standalone and in Cubase Pro 13 on Windows 10 Pro.

Today I have tried a lot of things to get Spitfire Albion II Loegria to work including following all the guides on Native Instrument’s support pages.

Early this morning Central European Time I opened a support case with Spitfire Audio but I have not heard back from them yet.

I will try to downgrade Native Access to see if it solves the problem. However, the latest versions of Native Access have this annoying habit of updating it self on startup at least on Windows, so the downgrade will only be temporary.
I just tested Loegria and it is currently loading fine for me in both K6 and 7.

It’s very curious. As I noted above I had a similar issue several weeks ago with all my Kontakt libraries, both full and player, opening in demo mode. Native Access reported everything registered properly but it would not redownload Kontakt. Finally it took trashing Native Access files to get it to work. I know that doesn’t work for this but I can’t help thinking this is all of a piece, that there is something deeply wrong in Native Access and how it is communicating with Kontakt.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I bet that downloading and using the older NA to authorize the library will do the trick.

Just to be clear, I may have used the new version of NA to deauthorize (or uninstall as they call it) Loegria first, then I downloaded and installed Native Access 3.5.3 from the link I posted above. I then used that version to authorize Loegria, and then I launched Kontakt and saw that it appeared. It worked in both Kontakt 6 and 7.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Scarlet Jerry

I just tested Loegria and it is currently loading fine for me in both K6 and 7.

It’s very curious. As I noted above I had a similar issue several weeks ago with all my Kontakt libraries, both full and player, opening in demo mode. Native Access reported everything registered properly but it would not redownload Kontakt. Finally it took trashing Native Access files to get it to work. I know that doesn’t work for this but I can’t help thinking this is all of a piece, that there is something deeply wrong in Native Access and how it is communicating with Kontakt.
I agree. They have to fix this before deprecating the older version.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I bet that downloading and using the older NA to authorize the library will do the trick.

Just to be clear, I may have used the new version of NA to deauthorize (or uninstall as they call it) Loegria first, then I downloaded and installed Native Access 3.5.3 from the link I posted above. I then used that version to authorize Loegria, and then I launched Kontakt and saw that it appeared. It worked in both Kontakt 6 and 7.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Scarlet Jerry
UPDATE: I also got Spitfire Albion II Loegria to work in Kontakt by installing an older version of Native Access.

The problem was that the only version of Native Access 2 for Windows I could find on www.native-instruments.com was the very new version: Native Access 2 version 3.10.1 and installing that version did not solve the problem.

Luckily, I found an older version of Native Access 2 for Windows in my Download folder, Native Access 2 version 3.6.2 from October 2023 and after installing that, it asked me to locate Albion II Loegria on one of my SSDs.

Finally, Spitfire Albion II Loegria is working as expected in Kontakt.

UPDATE: I also got Spitfire Albion II Loegria to work in Kontakt by installing an older version of Native Access.

The problem was that the only version of Native Access 2 for Windows I could find on www.native-instruments.com was the very new version: Native Access 2 version 3.10.1 and installing that version did not solve the problem.

Luckily, I found an older version of Native Access 2 for Windows in my Download folder, Native Access 2 version 3.6.2 from October 2023 and after installing that, it asked me to locate Albion II Loegria on one of my SSDs.

Finally, Spitfire Albion II Loegria is working as expected in Kontakt.
Good to hear. I knew it was the new version of NA that was causing the problem.

For people having these kinds of problems, I vaguely remember a third-party user developed tool called Kontakt utility or Kontakt library utility—I'm not sure which—that I believe will force the library to show up. I have no idea where you'd find it (try YouTube?), and I'm not even sure it works, but it's something to consider if nothing else is working.

I had exactly the same problem with Cinematic Studio Solo Strings. The plugin wouldn't appear in Kontakt 7, but today Native Access implemented an update of Kontakt 7 which solved the issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom