What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

I hope it will be out together with Woodwinds update at this point. I think we still have to wait a long time before we could use the 1.4 update. Maybe we will be at 1.5 already.

You didn't believe me when I said it might be months. :grin:

And yes, we can only hope to get the woodwinds update at the same time. I just want to keep my expectations conservative. With the quality of Infinite Brass and Woodwinds it's easy to forget we're dealing with a one-man army!

And yes, we can only hope to get the woodwinds update at the same time. I just want to keep my expectations conservative. With the quality of Infinite Brass and Woodwinds it's easy to forget we're dealing with a one-man army!
I just hope he's going through formalities and not actual litigious/legal issues. They are a time, mental, and money drain. Waiting with bated breath.

I remember I said this:

Aaron said that the update is ready to launch at any time, there is only this legal issue that is blocking it from to be released. We don't know anything about this issue (as it should be) so we can only wait hoping that this issue will be solved soon. In my country usaully legal issues go on for months but we don't know the nature of the issue so...we can only wait.

I can't wait for Aaron to show us this update and the new librairies/updates he is working on and I wish him my best.

Curious thing, here, I was getting clicks on the attacks of the E flat clarinet only, so I tried to export to audio to upload here, but there was no clicking on the exported audio; so I checked the CPU monitor in Cubase and found that it was hitting 100% on the E flat clarinet attacks, presumably causing the clicks. With all the other instruments, it doesn't get anywhere near 100% CPU, just with the E flat clarinet.

(CPU is i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz; RAM is 16 GB)

Infinite waiting... :emoji_laughing:

At this point I'm getting concerned that the legal battle he's fighting is beginning to be hell... I really hope it doesn't completely drain the life out of him. I'm sure he's just as excited as we are for us to sink our teeth into the fruits of his labor.

At this point I'm getting concerned that the legal battle he's fighting is beginning to be hell... I really hope it doesn't completely drain the life out of him. I'm sure he's just as excited as we are for us to sink our teeth into the fruits of his labor.

I don't know the nature of this issue but I think, as Aaron said many times, he could only wait until it is solved. It is pretty strange that this has been going on for so long and at this point we could even have to wait for a very long time.

If it was a simple thing it should be already solved. It should be something regarding permissions to use or show or post something on his site or in the library itself. Maybe some copyright issue or something similar.

Maybe it is going on for so long because it involves many subjects that have to find some kind of agreement.

I'm very sad about this, I'm sad that these great examples of technology has to be stopped because of problems like this.

I just guess this legal battle may have something to do with a non-sanctioned use of IRs in Aaron's instruments?

Last edited:
I just guess this legal battle may have something to do with a non-sanctioned use of IRs in Aaron's instruments?

But if this is the cause why not just remove them from this update and add again them later? Signed IR could be a great addition but actually I'm fine with what I have and I could wait for them for a 1.4.1 or even a 1.5 update.

I think it should be a someway deeper cause. Something buried in the library itself maybe...

I obviously could be wrong.

But if this is the cause why not just remove them from this update and add again them later? Signed IR could be a great addition but actually I'm fine with what I have and I could wait for them for a 1.4.1 or even a 1.5 update.

I think it should be a someway deeper cause. Something buried in the library itself maybe...

I obviously could be wrong.
Agreed that if it's IRs it would seem to make sense to hold off from them till a later update; but can't be too buried a thing as I think Aaron said it'd be very obvious what the thing was on the site and in the videos.

Yes but how to deal legally with so many library copies that Aaron sold thus far which contained those IRs? Legal claims may have been brought against all those monies earned, and this could stop him from doing further releases until the entire case is settled. But again, this is just a crazy guess. Aaron's issue may be something completely different from what came into my mind.

Last edited:
Yes but how to deal legally with so many library copies that Aaron sold thus far which contained those IRs? Legal claims may have been brought against all those monies earned, and this could stop him from doing further releases until the entire case is settled. But again, this is just a crazy guess. Aaron's issue may be something completely different from what came into my mind.

I didn't think backward. I was only thinking about something related to the release of this new update but it could be something related to the already out libraries versions. But...I remember he talked about something that has to be released, something about the site and the update (etc...), so it must be something regarding the new update and the future updates. Something that is blocking him from releasing the work he already done and the work he will do...

I'm not in a rush and I don't want to put pressure of any kind on Aaron, I'm just asking myself if all this time passed and all the time has to pass is a sign of a big issue. I really hope not...

No joke. Heard someone at the gym asking someone else if they wanted to do "bench press" today. And my mind instantly went Bench > Bencher > Venture > Infinite Series, so I thought I'd come here and bump just to annoy everyone.
And I genuinely thought, oooo its been so long since the last post there's no way this is going to be a random bump, it's got to be Aaron telling us our time has come at last.

And I genuinely thought, oooo its been so long since the last post there's no way this is going to be a random bump, it's got to be Aaron telling us our time has come at last.

Yeah I thinked it too! :grin:

Anyway, could the COVID-19 be the cause of this long waiting time? We don't know where the "lawyers" live. Maybe they are infected and they can't solve the issue.

Sorry man! I'm still super excited to see what's next, so hoping it all gets resolved for everyone!

Top Bottom