What's new

Infinite Series (Aaron Venture) thread

Regarding MIDI keyboards and Infinite series… I guess a keyboard with good velocity sensitivity is an advantage with Infinite. In Aaron’s videos he’s using a studiologic with hammer weighted keybed (I think). As I’m not interested in hammer weighted keys (too heavy for me), can any of you recommend a semi-weighted 88 keys that works well with Infinite, in terms of velocity response?

I plan to go all-in once the Infinite Strings are released and would like to be prepared, and have a reasonably priced semi-weighted 88 keys that is proven to work well with Infinite series.

Alright, alright... You've won. I submit. I've joined the cult.

I've been playing with these instruments for all of about 45 minutes and I've realized two things:

1. I wish I would have started with AV instead of "wasting" money elsewhere.
2. I hate my MIDI keyboard. It is not even close to sufficient for me to articulate what I'm trying to play properly. It's not a problem with these instruments, it's definitely my keyboard. Gah. The classic "fixing the lightbulb".

Really, though. As a classically trained performance musician (I'm a cellist but have also picked up guitar and piano), I don't know how else to put it than that the Infinite instruments just "make sense".
If you understand the basic mechanics of how playing something on one of these instruments would actually need to be done, and you're comfortable in front of a keyboard, your hands will do the right thing for you (most of the time) without a second thought. I'm still getting used to blipping my mod up high when I want an sFzp horn blare.

This is one of the first libraries that I'm actually really eager to set up my aftertouch to do something. Having growl on hooked to after touch for low brass might be fantastic. I understand the hype with breath controllers and such with this library more than any other that I own because I can feel the granular impact of CC changes much more readily here than I can with anything else.

Now, back to "real" work until I can play with these toys again later today.
You could try a breath controller for dynamics and vibrato, as a trained musician you would feel a great improvement with this libraries.

I've been playing with these instruments for all of about 45 minutes and I've realized two things:

2. I hate my MIDI keyboard. It is not even close to sufficient for me to articulate what I'm trying to play properly. It's not a problem with these instruments, it's definitely my keyboard. Gah. The classic "fixing the lightbulb".

Really, though. As a classically trained performance musician (I'm a cellist but have also picked up guitar and piano), I don't know how else to put it than that the Infinite instruments just "make sense".
If you understand the basic mechanics of how playing something on one of these instruments would actually need to be done, and you're comfortable in front of a keyboard, your hands will do the right thing for you (most of the time) without a second thought. I'm still getting used to blipping my mod up high when I want an sFzp horn blare.

This is one of the first libraries that I'm actually really eager to set up my aftertouch to do something. Having growl on hooked to after touch for low brass might be fantastic. I understand the hype with breath controllers and such with this library more than any other that I own because I can feel the granular impact of CC changes much more readily here than I can with anything else.

Welcome to the family. These libraries have changed my music forever. I've got another demo coming soon!

This is one of the first libraries that I'm actually really eager to set up my aftertouch to do something.
You can do that with the built in KSP Multiscript called Transformer. You don't even have to do any remapping in the instrments' GUI, just set the the Transformer multiscript to send mono AT to any CC you want (21 for vibrato, 16 for flutter, 17 for growl etc). It's pretty cool.

V3vmnkV.png

UdfcreW.png

Welcome to the Dark Side. Infinite Series allows samples to do things that some would consider…unnatural.

XD search this forum and see how many times I've said that. Glad to have you :thumbsup:
tenor.gif
I consider myself lucky to have heard the potential in these libraries when they sounded uhhh... let's just say... less than stellar (compared to now anyway. At the time I still thought they were amazing). I purchased them when Infinite Brass was at 1.3.1 and Infinite Woodwinds was at 1.1.

Based on what the rest of you guys have said here, I've potentially saved thousands of dollars on redundant libraries in search of just that tiny extra bit of color or style that my existing collection libraries just can't achieve. Infinite Brass does it all for me, even smooth jazz (yes... demo coming soon). Infinite Woodwinds needs a bit of extra work to catch up to where the brass are, but they sound great too.

On that note...

P.S.: Dear Aaron Venture, all I want for Infinite Christmas are improved saxophones with more bite and a higher dynamics limit. For the time being I think I've squeezed a sound out of them that you all might find to be quite impressive, or at least I hope so! :)

I finally joined the Infinite Club yesterday. Now I'm off to play.

If I disappear from VI-C during the following weeks, do send help.
Check out the shared MIDI files of the demos. It will be the best crash course you can find in making these libraries sing. Enjoy!

You can do that with the built in KSP Multiscript called Transformer. You don't even have to do any remapping in the instrments' GUI, just set the the Transformer multiscript to send mono AT to any CC you want (21 for vibrato, 16 for flutter, 17 for growl etc). It's pretty cool.

V3vmnkV.png

UdfcreW.png
To make a random remark on this forum and get an answer direct from the creator is unreal. I work in a computation-based, software-heavy field and that's like a dream come true, even if it's just a hobby.

Thanks for everything you've done here, including that pointer! I'll definitely give that a try tonight. Growl-y low brass ensemble, here we goooooooo!

I feel obligated, of course, to give into the forum memes. I am a string player, after all.... so IS when? ;)
(I will wait patiently. I would rather have it "right", than have it "right now.")

Thanks again.

Time for another demo!

I think I posted a really old version of this a couple years ago, but it was only a third of what exists now. Recently I added a whole bunch to it.

I wanted to take some more time to polish the MIDI and mix, but I was too excited and proud of the genre blending I did in this one to wait any longer. I won't spoil anything. If you've read this cryptic message and are even remotely curious, I'd be honored if you'd give it a listen. It's a pretty ambitious WIP track of mine that I've been slowly testing and iterating on for years between other musical projects.

P.S.: I think the end is one of the most beautiful things I've ever written. I hope you all enjoy!

Instruments are as follows...

Infinite Woodwinds 2.0
1 Piccolo
2 Flutes
2 Oboes
1 English Horn
2 Clarinets + Soloist/Maestro
1 Bass Clarinet
2 Bassoons
1 Tenor Sax

Infinite Brass 1.6
4 Trumpets + Soloist/Maestro
6 French Horns
2 Euphoniums
1 Tuba

Strings:
About 80% CSS & 20% Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition
Performance Samples' Con Moto Violin

Percussion:
A mix of Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition Percussion
& legacy Hollywood Orchestra Percussion

As usual, any questions are welcome. :)

Attachments

• Cortejando - 1.2.7.mp3
    8.1 MB
Time for another demo!

I think I posted a really old version of this a couple years ago, but it was only a third of what exists now. Recently I added a whole bunch to it.

I wanted to take some more time to polish the MIDI and mix, but I was too excited and proud of the genre blending I did in this one to wait any longer. I won't spoil anything. If you've read this cryptic message and are even remotely curious, I'd be honored if you'd give it a listen. It's a pretty ambitious WIP track of mine that I've been slowly testing and iterating on for years between other musical projects.

P.S.: I think the end is one of the most beautiful things I've ever written. I hope you all enjoy!

Infinite Woodwinds 2.0
1 Piccolo
2 Flutes
2 Oboes
1 English Horn
1 Bass Clarinet
2 Bassoons
1 Tenor Sax

Infinite Brass 1.6
6 French Horns
2 Euphoniums
1 Tuba

Strings:

Percussion:

Very nice! But I think those strings have a bit too much Moto...😜

Time for another demo!

Infinite Woodwinds 2.0
1 Piccolo
2 Flutes
2 Oboes
1 English Horn
1 Bass Clarinet
2 Bassoons
1 Tenor Sax

Infinite Brass 1.6
6 French Horns
2 Euphoniums
1 Tuba

Strings:

Percussion:

How the fuck does one go from a classical sound into smooth jazz sound so effortlessly? Bravo!

Top Bottom