What's new

If you stream give me your details...

In my case - my interface has a "monitor input" - so the process was quite easy, but you can use your audio output as a capture. As far as actual settings - I think I honestly ran some kind of wizard or something to see what I could stream at and left it at that. There are some guides out there for codecs/compression/ect settings if you need help finding the right middle ground.

If you’re using a Mac, then buy the app Loopback. You can route everything to channels 1 and 2 which is essential for OBS. It makes things so easy. I don’t know what the Equivalent is for PC.

Using Loopback means I can have a mic plugged into my Apollo Twin X and use UAD plugins in real-time on the mic. I can also instantly capture DAW audio, audio from the internet, music from streaming services. All of that stuff :)

what you guys use for live streaming audio. i can stream with obs and twitch using the asio flstudio but i find the audio is not exactly the same quality. i wondering if this is normal or is there a way to get full quality of sound?
Hey, if you are on PC, you can use Reaper Reastream (not Restream) ... and use it as a plugin inside OBS (it is called filters there). You need one on the master output of your DAW and one inside OBS, set it both to send and receive and you are done.

The other option would be to get into the virtual routing settings of your soundcard. I have a Fireface UC and I can set up virtual ADAT outs ... therefore I can send a loopback signal to my ADATs and have e.g. Spotify, Discord etc. on stereo out 5-6 while I can send my DAW signal on 7-8 into OBS.

Additionally, if you don't want to have your voice inside your DAW, you can send your mic input directly into OBS and then again use vst plugs directly as filters to e.g. use EQ, compressor etc.

Additionally, if you don't want to have your voice inside your DAW, you can send your mic input directly into OBS and then again use vst plugs directly as filters to e.g. use EQ, compressor etc.
It’s a wise decision not to go through a DAW just in case your DAW crashes whilst streaming. Then at least you can still talk.

Hey, if you are on PC, you can use Reaper Reastream (not Restream) ... and use it as a plugin inside OBS (it is called filters there). You need one on the master output of your DAW and one inside OBS, set it both to send and receive and you are done.

The other option would be to get into the virtual routing settings of your soundcard. I have a Fireface UC and I can set up virtual ADAT outs ... therefore I can send a loopback signal to my ADATs and have e.g. Spotify, Discord etc. on stereo out 5-6 while I can send my DAW signal on 7-8 into OBS.

awesome thanks for this. ill try to figure out it out based on that reastream. I use flstsudio and not if that would still work inside of that. i get abit confused over the in and out puts of which what is what lol.

you guys are awesome and very much appreciated for your time!

just did 2 hours live. my mic is kinda low and music loud but went perfectly and sounds is just the same stream based on alex video! quick setup . massive thanks alex o mention this.

just did 2 hours live. my mic is kinda low and music loud but went perfectly and sounds is just the same stream based on alex video! quick setup . massive thanks alex o mention this.

Keep in mind you can use an off screen Kontakt instance or similiar for a keyboard overlay.

Personally I used pianoteq in mine.

Top Bottom