What's new

Hollywood orchestra opus edition and hollywood orchestrator

I contacted EW support and they were lightning fast on response.
It occurs it was not known issue and they told me they will address this in some future update as the programm should allow for such customized saving.

However after I understood how actually Orchestrator works now it is not that biggy for me. I was more worried that my DAW does something wrong and I even installed trial copy of Studio One to confirm it :)

To conclude so that it would be all clear what it exactly considers.

After I checked the "construction" of Hollywood Orchestrator it looks it is being programmed in such way that the instruments for each preset are supposed to go through one master reverb per patch though it loads several impulses and turn it on instrument per instrument.
This comes from a fact that the mixer page on the perform tab has one reverb to be controlled
I believe the intention was to make it as production ready and easy as it can be not to go into wide mixing possibilities.
However that makes some confusion for the use and the manual does not explain that. I've spent some time to figure that out as it was disturbing me a little bit.

Nevertheless, when I created my own custom user patch and bypassed the master reverb (switch it off in the first instrument) so that I could pick up and adjust each reverb for each instrument separately and use the main mix page for further mangling it did not save my setup.

Each time I close Opus Orchestrator and load it again it forces the program to turn the master reverb on for the first instrument.
But now that makes sense considering above.

So for now if you really want to have customized positioning and reverb I recommend to turn the reverb down on the first instrument or on the mixer page (perform tab) and use sends within daw to avoid remembering to switch the master reverb off each time you load a project. In other case you might be suprised about tone change and it took me a while to find the guilty one.

Last edited:
Somewhat related. Hollywood orchestrator has some issues in general that east west has said needs to be fixed on Sonuscore's end.

They're really hyping up their soon-to-be announced product with their recent marketing. They had a series of tweets reviewing their 36 year history of product releases.

I wonder what it's going to be. Maybe a completely new version of EastWest Symphonic Orchestra?

After installing the RPG pack and updating Opus and HOOPUS, I have problems with changing scores. So I load a score and then try the next iteration, they just did not load and Opus did not react any further within Logic, tried that three times. In standalone mode it worked.

Anyone else experienced that?

Libs are on external 4TB SSD.

After installing the RPG pack and updating Opus and HOOPUS, I have problems with changing scores. So I load a score and then try the next iteration, they just did not load and Opus did not react any further within Logic, tried that three times. In standalone mode it worked.

Anyone else experienced that?

Libs are on external 4TB SSD.
Im in Nuendo and Windows and it works as expected

Last edited:
"Hollywood Strings 2 is coming April 25th! The long-anticipated sequel to Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Strings 2 is our most detailed sting library yet.

Produced by NAMM TEC Award winners Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix and sound engineered by Academy Award winner Shawn Murphy, Hollywood Strings 2 was recorded in our legendary EastWest Studio 2 and is exactly what you need for those emotional, intimate and raw moments in your score.

Pre-order Hollywood 2 today for just $399 (regular price $499) and we'll also give you a free copy of String Machine ($149 value)"

It was recorded in EW Studio 2, which is smaller than their "usual" Studio One (which most of their previous libraries were recorded). Very interesting. That's why they point out these emotional, intimate and raw moments.

This library is going to be EW's Chamber Strings!

There's a thread about this here. I suggest we comment on HS 2 because it's more tidy that way.

Top Bottom