What's new

Heavyocity Introduces 'NOVO Essentials'

Someone asked this on the YouTube video and Heavyocity said:
"There are over 40 all-new snapshots for the Strings Designer, and a Full Ensemble preset for the Traditional Strings engine - neither of which are included in the full NOVO product."

Yesss ^^^^what he said

I thought when I first saw the email that this was just a scaled-down lite version of NOVA and almost passed over it. So I'm not sure it wasn't named wrong. But I got this installed and been going through the presets and comparing to the full NOVA. From what I've been able to determine, while some presets may be comparable, it's well worth the 19 bucks IMO for the new/additional content. So considering the $19 covers the Kontakt Player license you're basically getting it for free. So far seems to be a no-brainer. However, I think I would have preferred the content had been added to my NOVA library so I'd only have one place to go.

It would be nice if current NOVO owners could by just the ensemble NKIs and the snapshots rather than having to download 10G of content to get them. I have no problem with the price. I wonder if the NKIs and snaps can just bve dropped into the current full NOVO folders.

It would be nice if current NOVO owners could by just the ensemble NKIs and the snapshots rather than having to download 10G of content to get them. I have no problem with the price. I wonder if the NKIs and snaps can just bve dropped into the current full NOVO folders.
Indeed. That's another reason it would have been better if it were integrated into NOVA rather than a separate library. Along those lines, for example, when I got the full versions of the NI Symphony Series Collection, I took the Essentials versions off my computer. Prefer to not have the extra clutter.

Just spent ages trying to work out why Novo Essentials wasn't showing in my library pane. Then I checked Heavyocity's website and realised it's for Kontakt 6 only (first library I've come across with this, so it didn't even occur to me). I guess I could install the Kontakt 6 Player, but I think I'll just wait until I upgrade to the next version of Komplete to start using it.

I thought when I first saw the email that this was just a scaled-down lite version of NOVA and almost passed over it. So I'm not sure it wasn't named wrong. But I got this installed and been going through the presets and comparing to the full NOVA. From what I've been able to determine, while some presets may be comparable, it's well worth the 19 bucks IMO for the new/additional content. So considering the $19 covers the Kontakt Player license you're basically getting it for free. So far seems to be a no-brainer. However, I think I would have preferred the content had been added to my NOVA library so I'd only have one place to go.

I almost overlooked it for the same reason - I didn't realise there'd be new presets etc, just thought it would be a lite version of the full product. I agree, would be great if I could just have the essentials patches sitting alongside the other patches rather than in a separate folder - much easier navigation.

I purchased Essentials yesterday and want to go full Novo. DOes anyone know how I do that i.e. is there an upgrade path code, and should I have it already? Thanks

Top Bottom