What's new

Guitarist wanted

Dirk Ehlert

Dirk Ehlert
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a longterm collaborator for a good chunk of new TV cues that I have to do for a new library gig.

I'll try to be as precise as possible to avoid any confusion.

What I need: Guitarists that can record on their own, know their s$%^ and are a joy to work with. No BS, ain't nobody got time for that.
Electric and acoustic , preferably slide, added bonus for Mandolin / Banjo (aka it's gonna be loads of swampy americana stuff, country, home improvement feelgood pop etc).
If you don't know what to do with some Acoustic Slide Impros on top of Emin for a minute this is not your gig.

In an ideal world I would have a good chunk of session fees, flat out hire a player and be done with it. This unfortunately is not that gig.

That's why I'm specifically looking for a collaborator. What I can offer is regularly a 30% split of the writers share (40% depending on the complexity of material) but these type of cues will generally need 3 or 4 different layers of guitar work.

This is material that ends up on air pretty soon after, including a lot of reruns. I'm fully honest here, if I had the budget I'd pay a session fee flat out and keep my writers. But alas, it is what it is. This is a long term "investment" , meaning the money on this is in the backend (broadcast royalties).

If you're looking for a quick paying session job, this is not for you, sorry.

I do have all the tools here that I need to probably do it myself, I'm just a bad guitarist, that's all there is to say lol.
What does it help if I'd need one week to churn out a decent guitar based a cue when we could do 10 in the same time with someone who knows how to lay down some serious guitar work.

For those asking, why not 50-50: full transparency here - it's my gig. I write/compose, mix, master, arrange - you play some nice guits, full stop.
Depending on how it goes going forward more might be possible but I want to be clear upfront with expectations. This is something that simply needs to work within the given parameters, I don't have time for anything else. So if you don't like these terms, move on, no bad feelings.

But if you're interested in this kind of opportunity (and I know from my own BMI experience that it's (still) a worthwhile endeavour) then send some sound examples through PM here.

I'm looking forward to working with you?! and make s%^& happen.
Dirk

Top Bottom