What's new

Growing Your Own Samples (Christian Henson)

I'll see what I've got in my private samples orphanage... maybe as a little celebration for setting up this thread... But I really really do love EXS24

Ooh, Christian, when I see you at NAMM, warning, I may kiss you if you do that. There is some news coming that I cannot talk about that ill make this even better.

OK SO THERE IS A PRIZE SOMEWHERE IN THERE TO CELEBRATE THE SETTING UP OF THIS BOARD:

EXS24..........EXS24
EXS24EXS24.....EXS24EXS24
EXS24EXS24EXS24EXS24
EXS24 EXS24 EXS24
EXS24EXS24
EXS24

OK, so here's the deal, I wanna try something here. I made these like this:

...and I've made loads of them (I booked them for four hours by mistake).
The thing is, whilst I love EXS24 my use of it has become very rusty
(I've got some people who can help me make samples on that Kontakt platform now)

SO

If someone can make this better...
(I'd love to be able to XFade the amped group up and over the acoustic group so it got more gnarly but you didn't lose the acoustic group for example)

The I'll whack another one up, and if that works, then I got something BIG up my sleeves for this board.
Lets see how we get on?

C. x​

Yes! :) I love the EXS as wel. So glad to hear there are more of you EXS24-lovers out there! I always thought I was a fool not to port everything to kontakt as everyone seems to be using that these days. Gave it a try, but wasn't convinced: I like EXS better because it is just so intuitive and simple :)

@christianhenson Any chance for spitfire to release some libraries (maybe labs?) in EXS24 format in the future? Or would a conversion be too difficult? It would be awesome to have spitfire stuff in EXS-format though :).

CH-Alchemy-Patch.png
CH%20Alchemy%20Patch.png
OK SO THERE IS A PRIZE SOMEWHERE IN THERE TO CELEBRATE THE SETTING UP OF THIS BOARD:

If someone can make this better...
(I'd love to be able to XFade the amped group up and over the acoustic group so it got more gnarly but you didn't lose the acoustic group for example)

The I'll whack another one up, and if that works, then I got something BIG up my sleeves for this board.
Lets see how we get on?

C. x​

Hi All…

I understand this may be seen as a cheat but since Alchemy is now part of Logic, its seems like it might be useful to take advantage of the added power.

In this patch, the Clean and Dirty Voices are on Source A and B respectively
The Dirty Voices are introduced by a combination of ModWheel and Velocity (ModWheel Full UP and Vel127 brings in the Distortion at Max Gain

Voices C-D are Dropped octave versions available Via the First X-Y pad
There are some FX and Pan options via the Performance controls…
and a little Pulse engine for fun.
It's a bit of a rush job, so there may be errors, and I really only made 2 simple GRID settings …
ANYWAY HOPE THIS AT LEAST ENTERTAINS…
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cfguo678li04oh/CH TenseLongs-kg.acp.zip?dl=0

Cheers all!

Kirke

Last edited:
I tried to import a sample set into Alchemy a while ago. Multisamples were imported correctly but all other functions like round robin and crossfading through layers were ignored. Probably possible to reprogram layer crossfading again in Alchemy but it's a lot of extra work. So I decided to stay in EXS format for now.

I tried to import a sample set into Alchemy a while ago. Multisamples were imported correctly but all other functions like round robin and crossfading through layers were ignored. Probably possible to reprogram layer crossfading again in Alchemy but it's a lot of extra work. So I decided to stay in EXS format for now.
yeah its not at all really SOLID, but the possibilities and general GUI are pretty clear so if they just made the entire IMPORT solid… then EXS243 would be a mix of the 2
Hopefully…

Until NI make Kontakt a Reaktor Block! :+)

did you try that patch i up loaded for Christians samples? Interested in thoughts Re how an EXS3 should work

Top Bottom