What's new

Free Expansion Pack for Padshop 2 (Cubase)

leo007

"Stay Home Edition" sound set is a free expansion pack for Steinberg's Padshop 2.

This free expansion pack offers 139 presets for Steinberg's Padshop 2 VST Granular and Spectral Synthesizers. With 105 manipulated stereo samples, this sound set contains cinematic, ambient, atmospheric and percussive sounds that provides an all-in-one solution for sound designers and music producers.

Designed by six sound designers from around the world, this project comes to you as a gift of kindness. The Stay Home Edition team members include Andrej Jaskin, Duncan Maybury, Mauro Favaron, Marco Giardina, Martijn Schrader and Gary Gibbons.

Available as download only (.zip file; 186.37MB).

For Windows and Mac.

You have to give an Email

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/stay-home-edition-sound-set-for-padshop-2-by-online-music-foundry

I am being overwhelmed by the countless number of synths in the market. I am currently studying NI's Massive X and FM8 until I found this thread. Urghhh!! Let me check the Padshop 2 first in youtube because I have to buy it first obviously.

Thanks for sharing.

I am being overwhelmed by the countless number of synths in the market. I am currently studying NI's Massive X and FM8 until I found this thread. Urghhh!! Let me check the Padshop 2 first in youtube because I have to buy it first obviously.

Thanks for sharing.
glade you found it helpful :)

I didn't even know that Padshop 2 was out. I have asked Steinberg support whether I can update from my Padshop Pro license, which in turn was an upgrade from the Padshop version that was included in an older version of Cubase. According to someone on the Steinberg forum this might not be possible.

I didn't even know that Padshop 2 was out. I have asked Steinberg support whether I can update from my Padshop Pro license, which in turn was an upgrade from the Padshop version that was included in an older version of Cubase. According to someone on the Steinberg forum this might not be possible.
I think the better option in this case is to upgrade the cubase

I think the better option in this case is to upgrade the cubase

That's what Steinberg advises as well, but at the moment I am more than happy with my Pro 8.5 version to pay 199 euros for an update to Pro 10.5.

I agree, but there is an update from Padshop Pro..45$

Yes, I have seen that as well (it's 29.99 euros for the upgrade from Padshop Pro). However, someone on the forum mentioned that this is incompatible with a version of Padshop Pro that itself was an upgrade of the version of Padshop that was included with older versions of Cubase.

to pay 199 euros for an update to Pro 10.5.

WOW thats very high price.
I either think its not worth it on this case

too bad they are not allowing you just to upgrade your Padshop Pro version.
I personally think its unfair.

WOW thats very high price.
I either think its not worth it on this case

too bad they are not allowing you just to upgrade your Padshop Pro version.
I personally think its unfair.

Well, I am going to wait for a response from Steinberg support. Maybe the information that I got from the forum is incorrect.

Also, Steinberg has another free set of Padshop 2 sounds, Cinergy. You can download it HERE.
Because this synth iscalled Padshop you might assume it's just pads (I did at first), but it's actually a granular synth, and as this video demonstrates, you can make all kinds of sounds on it.

I don't think that Padshop 2 is all that different from Padshop. If I only had regular Padshop, I'd download them and see if they work. They don't get mixed in with your factory patches, they are in separate folders/icons for "Cinergy" and "Stay at Home."

Also, Steinberg regularly has half price sales on their stuff, so the price is 15 euros if you're patient. There are also three Padshop libraries from Steinberg that work with regular Padshop including two by Simon Stockhausen. Granular Guitars and Granular Symphonies, plus Zero Gravity
These three list at $29.99 each but are often half price. There's usually a deal on Zero Gravity if you upgrade from Padshop to Padshop Pro.

Patches for Padshop are usually in the 30 euro range, even if you get them third party, so all these free ones are really something worth downloading even if you don't have Padshop 2 yet.

Last edited:
i thought zero gravity was free with padshop now? i have just upgraded to padshop 2 , hi leo007 its golden 19 from kvr small world lol

Zero Gravity has never been free.

It lists for $29.99, but as I said above, there is a special offer on it if you buy it at the same time as you upgrade from Padshop to Padshop Pro.

It might be confusing, because it's only $10 to do the upgrade alone, so the bundle probably isn't much.

Question guys ....

Where to extract the zip contents of both Cinergy and OMF StayHome? in the same VST Sound folder under my Cubase Pro 10.5 folder?

im selling cubase elements 10.5 with padshop 2 and retrologue if anyone is interested thank u

was confusing tiger because steinberg somewhere say its included with padshop pro

Top Bottom