What's new

First Impression: Bela D Media Soprano and Tenor One Audition

wahey73

Life has a sick sense of humor
Hello everybody. I was really curious to try the One Audition Offer from Bela D Media and here is my first impression of their Tenor and Soprano. Really like the sound, the syllables blend great one into the other and the phrase builder is lots of fun to play with.

Nice video! I am also most impressed by these libraries. They are pretty flexible given that the libraries are based around chromatically sampled rhythmic phrases. It shows how clever scripting can breathe new life into older samples, which now sound very fresh.

The support has also been fantastic. I’m planning on getting the full soprano and tenor libraries when the tenor is ready, which should be in a couple weeks.

Seems the Tenor is ready - did not even know about this Tenor. Just put Soundirons Tenor in checkout, and there came a tax included, which made the price to near 150USD, so started to check alternatives. Bela D Tenor.

Hope this is not something we need to fix the pitch in ourselves, has anyone tried this yet?

Hope this is not something we need to fix the pitch in ourselves, has anyone tried this yet?
Hi Peter, I have only the One Audition of Tenor but the full version of Soprano and it looks they work quite the same. Sorry that I don't understand your question: what do you mean by "fix the pitch"?

Hi Peter, I have only the One Audition of Tenor but the full version of Soprano and it looks they work quite the same. Sorry that I don't understand your question: what do you mean by "fix the pitch"?

Thanks for asking and btw also thanks for the vid you made. I checked Bela M webpage now in details and it seems they have some interesting libraries, and for reasonable prices. Im more than happy to support them.

I have some vocal libraries where the vocal sings (ex.) lacrimosa but its only available in some keys. So I need to pitch that myself, and if you pitch it more than +1 or -1 its destroyed.

Did they record phrases in all keys?

Thanks!

Yes they did (in the range of the voice). The libraries are wonderful, my personal favourite is Paravox. It comes with two instruments: The vocal tools with a wonderful fragile voice and another with hymns, Nursery Rhymes and creepy noises.
Anyhow, back to your question: in this full review I demonstrate how the vocal tools work app. from 4:40 on. Hope it helps 😊

Yes they did (in the range of the voice). The libraries are wonderful, my personal favourite is Paravox. It comes with two instruments: The vocal tools with a wonderful fragile voice and another with hymns, Nursery Rhymes and creepy noises.
Anyhow, back to your question: in this full review I demonstrate how the vocal tools work app. from 4:40 on. Hope it helps 😊

Brilliant - this is clear case. Picking up the Tenor. That Duet by Design library got my attention too. Paravox is a bit too angelic for my taste. Or is it demonic, either way.

Thanks for intro!

(Btw, subscribed to your channel, good luck to reach the 1000 - a few more needed.)

Last edited:
OK,

Got the Bela D Media Tenor yesterday. In EUR it was 45 EUR and it is worth every penny. There are longer phrases and shorter, and enough keys available to fill in a song. The shorter latin words are convenient, bcs they can be put on certain notes. Basically yu have a singer. I have combined this Tenor with Soundirons Soprano, and they do a wonderful couple. The Soundirons Soprano does phrases that change notes, in higher register, but The Bela D tenor keeps same note in lower registry. Works very well, will throw in the track here later, maybe in a week or two.

OK,

Got the Bela D Media Tenor yesterday. In EUR it was 45 EUR and it is worth every penny. There are longer phrases and shorter, and enough keys available to fill in a song. The shorter latin words are convenient, bcs they can be put on certain notes. Basically yu have a singer. I have combined this Tenor with Soundirons Soprano, and they do a wonderful couple. The Soundirons Soprano does phrases that change notes, in higher register, but The Bela D tenor keeps same note in lower registry. Works very well, will throw in the track here later, maybe in a week or two.
Really happy that you like them as much as I do. And yes, the prices are really fair. Waiting to listen to your song then

Really happy that you like them as much as I do. And yes, the prices are really fair. Waiting to listen to your song then
Heres the track.

The Tenor is Bela D Tenor, one soprano is Bela D Diva (another is Soundiron), kids voices are Bela D Duet by design. One voice is a free Spitfire global choir voice, one Greek is Sonokinetic and another also, from them.

Point is, 9 out of 10 voices are Bela D. Their Tenor is main singer. After I bought the Tenor, got a promo code for their other libraries. Picked them up too.

Cheers

Heres the track.

The Tenor is Bela D Tenor, one soprano is Bela D Diva (another is Soundiron), kids voices are Bela D Duet by design. One voice is a free Spitfire global choir voice, one Greek is Sonokinetic and another also, from them.

Point is, 9 out of 10 voices are Bela D. Their Tenor is main singer. After I bought the Tenor, got a promo code for their other libraries. Picked them up too.

Cheers

Very lovely!

Top Bottom