What's new

Falcon 2.5 is out.

All modulated parameters by envelopes have to be at key level, not layer or program level. The envelope can be at any level, but the target parameter needs to be at key level. That's my understanding.
That is tremendously helpful, thank you!!

Phew......got it now with Quadra on the blackfriday voucher horizon :) .

And it seems even me can just load one of the loads of presets (I have not touched my two expansion so far, reserved for the weekend), hit the "info" button, see something not disturbing at all and just enjoy :).

And the presets so far are so amazing and great, absolutely more then I expected. I NEVER have seen a sound category MEDITATIVE on any synth before and I think I would be happy with this alone cause ALL in there just sounds great.

If I have any "advice" on the good people in here: dont scare some poor old simple guys like me that much so that we might get feared and miss the best ;)
All 1.6 patches in that category are my work. They created that category after I submitted my stuff 😁

All 1.6 patches in that category are my work. They created that category after I submitted my stuff 😁
:emoji_pray:

And still no Falcon expansion/preset pack :whistling:

EDIT: sorry, just thought I might better have a look, there is an Empty fields version for Falcon, but as I already have that for Omnisphere now.....
EDIT2: wow, products page looks much better now :thumbsup:

Thanks!
This, on the other hand, sucks:
"Single licenses cannot be transferred after upgrading to a newer product or a bundle"
As a matter of fact, I think this contradicts the EULA.
I sent a support request to UVI.
That might just mean that you can't sell the base license when you upgrade.
That's a common practice and seems fair as long as you can sell the base alongside the upgrade together, which I suspect is the case here.

That's a common practice and seems fair as long as you can sell the base alongside the upgrade together, which I suspect is the case here.
That is exactly what is meant here. I bought World Suite 2 as an upgrade, so I would be able to sell it as long as I also transfer the license for #1.

Yes, that's what I hope is meant, and is more understable in the EULA. Still waiting for the official answer before giving in to temptation.

:emoji_pray:

And still no Falcon expansion/preset pack :whistling:

EDIT: sorry, just thought I might better have a look, there is an Empty fields version for Falcon, but as I already have that for Omnisphere now.....
EDIT2: wow, products page looks much better now :thumbsup:
Yes I have indeed Empty Fields F3 as preset pack and already for a while another in the making :)
But Empty Fields F3 is different then the Omnisphere one. I used the same design philosophy (with original a 6 weekly release with 10 packs over a bit more then a year), but the patches and sounds are completely different and it's not a remake.
But soon a special sale with the set will come, so in case this peaked your interest, don't make the jump just yet (and otherwise I compensate anyone who purchases it between now and the sale)

And thank you in regards to the site! Also happy with the changes that I made.

But will not hijack this topic further with my own stuff. Really really loving this update as well. They keep adding these amazing features and for me Falcon is still one of my favorite synths to work with as both composer and sound designer.

What would you say is the closest Moog filter type in Falcon? I was thinking Analog, Lowpass 12/24, but what about Xpander?

All modulated parameters by envelopes have to be at key level, not layer or program level. The envelope can be at any level, but the target parameter needs to be at key level. That's my understanding.
This holds true for all but the Digital Sensations presets. Its ADHs/DAHDSRs appear at Progam level. I am wondering if that's due more so to the age of their design than from version 1.1 onwards? I am a noob at this so pardon me if I am missing the boat on what you are referring to. If there is a cooler explanation, lemme know.

Last edited:
You can put the envelope at any level. So it's a choice about whether you want to use the envelope across multiple keys or layers, or it's just specific to one layer or key. However, no matter where the envelope is, it can only modulate parameters (gain, pan, Freq etc) that are at the keygroup level. Reason being, a keygroup is a "voice" is traditional synth language. Each time you press a key on the keyboard, a unique instance of a voice is started, and it will have a unique instance of every envelope that modulates it's parameters. So if you press and hold one key, all it's envelopes will trigger, then whilst keeping the first key pressed, you press and hold another key, it will also get all its own envelopes,vthe original keys sound isn't affected, it doesn't retrigger any envelopes on the first key. Old real synths sometimes had global envelopes and frankly it sounds terrible, hence why I presume uvi deliberately forbade enveloping of parameters above keygroup level, as it would affect all in-flight voices, not just the newest voice.
Cool. I noticed the big boys (Stockhausen and Devine) hew to this convention.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to clarify this.
Cheers, Bill

Has anybody noticed any presets going silent since the upgrade?

Under Meditative in the Falcon Library there is a preset called Many Things. I can no longer get it to make any sound and wondered if something had stopped working since the update - or stopped working in a way this preset depends upon.

Most likely I messed it up myself somehow; but I thought I'd ask.

Top Bottom