What's new

FaderCtrl

Does anyone have the current firmware for this fader control and also the app. Mine seems to have stopped working. Thank you

Im on Mac OS...sorry I should have made that clear. If you wouldn't mind sharing that would be very much appreciated. Thank you

With all of the talented people here @VI-C , I find it puzzling that no one has figured out how to update faderctrl and keep these nice boxes functioning.
Am I naïve in thinking that collectively we could probably hire a programmer to keep this running or is the recent changes with the Mac OS / silicone etc…making this more difficult than anticipated?
Also is there a specific OS update that prevented these controllers from working?

Thanks

Hi All,

It has been many years since I’ve been active in the forum, my apologies to everyone who have reached out.

With the surmountable requests, the original hardware is obviously no longer in production as it was designed sub-optimally and therefore is outdated.

From a firmware / software architecture standpoint, I would like to consider a gradual inclusivity from the community of new features / solutions that the existing hardware device can support.

For those who still have access to the existing hardware, I welcome your requests however please note this will be at a gradual pace depending on any influx.

Finally, for those who have asked for a MKII, I would like to support the existing device with consideration around developing the platform for future adaptations.

Cheers

Hi All,

It has been many years since I’ve been active in the forum, my apologies to everyone who have reached out.

With the surmountable requests, the original hardware is obviously no longer in production as it was designed sub-optimally and therefore is outdated.

From a firmware / software architecture standpoint, I would like to consider a gradual inclusivity from the community of new features / solutions that the existing hardware device can support.

For those who still have access to the existing hardware, I welcome your requests however please note this will be at a gradual pace depending on any influx.

Finally, for those who have asked for a MKII, I would like to support the existing device with consideration around developing the platform for future adaptations.

Cheers
Hi Corey,
It’s great to see you back here 👍

Hi All,

Cheers
HI There...
For some reason, I just seem to have a software break...I have no problem with the script you wrote or the hardware, worked flawlessly for many years...Im ON Mac OS 11.6 and generally use Protools 21.12. I still have the original app but it doesn't seem to work. All the best!
v

Corey have the original app for assigning midi channels with the Fdrcntrl and it still seems to work fine. (i’m on an m1 mac now) i had long wanted an app that would allow for creating of sets of midi channels. do you know of any that were ever used with the fdrcntrl?

Corey have the original app for assigning midi channels with the Fdrcntrl and it still seems to work fine. (i’m on an m1 mac now) i had long wanted an app that would allow for creating of sets of midi channels. do you know of any that were ever used with the fdrcntrl?
You should be able to use BOME right?

Yes I understand the current version only assigns control change messages. Are you wanting the ability to set / select and change a group of presets on any midi channel?

Whoops yes what I meant was the ability to create sets of CC message assignments per fader. 1st fader CC1, second CC11... another set 1st fader CC3, second fader CC11... etc.

Being able to change the midi channel for the fdrcntrl itself would be great as well.

Do you know of anything that might be able to do that?

Also I'm searching for that original application (haven't used it in a while I guess) that can create just one set of cc assignments. can't remember what it was called, I know I have it somewhere...

thanks.

Last edited:
Yes. I plan to update the current software version to include these features plus others.
So glad to hear this! Do you have any idea of when you might be getting that out? And could you give me the name again of the current one? i have it somewhere but can’t find it and have forgotten the name.

Whoops yes what I meant was the ability to create sets of CC message assignments per fader. 1st fader CC1, second CC11... another set 1st fader CC3, second fader CC11... etc.

Being able to change the midi channel for the fdrcntrl itself would be great as well.

Do you know of anything that might be able to do that?

Also I'm searching for that original application (haven't used it in a while I guess) that can create just one set of cc assignments. can't remember what it was called, I know I have it somewhere...

thanks.
Bome can do this already.
I suggest you look at it closely. It’s super powerful beyond anything mentioned here.

I’m only bringing it up a few times as I feel like many can solve their own personal midi control shortcomings through a couple days exploring this piece of software. I’ve managed to get it to re-interpret eucon, remote control rme devices, split avid faders between audio and midi etc etc.

Creating sets of midi outputs based on one input setup is really very simple.

Top Bottom